NEW MEMBERS - Read this - I'm sorry, but c'mon people.

This should be a requirement to be read before being allowed to be a member. Kind of like a terms and conditions agreement that everyone reads when they install new software updates... ;)

We can all make mistakes, I made one many many years ago when I wasn't nearly as smart as I am now, I thought I'd got something wrong but it turned out I was mistaken. ;D

So I have a problem-

I absolutely despise when someone posts that they just bought an XYZZY motorcycle and their inspiration is to turn it into an awesome cafe/tracker/brat/Enduro of their dreams....then they post a picture of a "professional" bike with Firestones, velocity stacks, 1-inch of travel, open pipes and clip-ons down where a front fender goes. Oh, and a carbon fibre titanium graphite key knobber trinket.

They then mention they have never ridden/built/seen a motorcycle before.

So then the dance begins where it is tried to explain to them that such a bike is really static art, and even though you saw the Bostrom brothers ride it (because professional riders can ride anything), and it is really just a horrible motorcycle. They then quote some website(s) that called it the best thing out of Europe since beer.

The project never really goes anywhere and even though they are a student they some how have enough money to buy carbon disc brakes, a custom titanium exhaust and a carbon fiber headlight bucket/tank/seat with gold plated graphics that say "Sexual Guerrilla". The bike turns out to be horse shit and then they post on the IG a whole bunch of pictures In front of brick walls, inside parking garages and on a street in Brooklyn. About 6 months later they post of Facebook (yeah we check up on you) that it was stolen or they crash it in a parking lot leaving a Stone Temple Pilots cover band concert.

So the question is- either as a community we accept the stupidity as a chance for practical learning, and thus save the standard comments about suspension travel, no fenders, crappy tired and poor performance.... Or we push them out.

redwillissuperman said:
So the question is- either as a community we accept the stupidity as a chance for practical learning, and thus save the standard comments about suspension travel, no fenders, crappy tired and poor performance.... Or we push them out.
This isn't a question. ;) But seriously, fuck it. If someone wants to build a death trap, no skin off my back. Let them kill themselves. If they ask for advice and I have it, I give it. If they're just posting IG pics, then I move along.

redwillissuperman said:
So I have a problem-

I absolutely despise when someone posts that they just bought an XYZZY motorcycle and their inspiration is to turn it into an awesome cafe/tracker/brat/Enduro of their dreams....then they post a picture of a "professional" bike with Firestones, velocity stacks, 1-inch of travel, open pipes and clip-ons down where a front fender goes. Oh, and a carbon fibre titanium graphite key knobber trinket.

They then mention they have never ridden/built/seen a motorcycle before.

So then the dance begins where it is tried to explain to them that such a bike is really static art, and even though you saw the Bostrom brothers ride it (because professional riders can ride anything), and it is really just a horrible motorcycle. They then quote some website(s) that called it the best thing out of Europe since beer.

The project never really goes anywhere and even though they are a student they some how have enough money to buy carbon disc brakes, a custom titanium exhaust and a carbon fiber headlight bucket/tank/seat with gold plated graphics that say "Sexual Guerrilla". The bike turns out to be horse shit and then they post on the IG a whole bunch of pictures In front of brick walls, inside parking garages and on a street in Brooklyn. About 6 months later they post of Facebook (yeah we check up on you) that it was stolen or they crash it in a parking lot leaving a Stone Temple Pilots cover band concert.

Jwilde? You should see what they did to him over on sohc4.

deviant said:
#naturalselection
6a6bc4943b76ff8520e3fe7b58b6421f.jpg

This is the one that keeps come to mind.

Mine has fat tires- but for a purpose
d5924e6c63933dfc9a33be66a30cf2b7.jpg

Yeah but neither of those if for shooting across town, picking up your girl, and riding for 2 hours around the city
The other balloon monstrosities are just that

I like both of the big wheel bikes. I've never ridden one though. I like the rocket conversions as well.

I'm building a big wheel bike. It's going to be a blast to ride, especially at full throttle down the sand roads all around me. Let me see you guys keep up.

deviant said:
I'm building a big wheel bike. It's going to be a blast to ride, especially at full throttle down the sand roads all around me. Let me see you guys keep up.

You doing a 250x with the rocket conversion?

Back
Top Bottom