66 ironhead, update 9/17

MarcW

yo... ohio...
Picked it up yesterday, it will be happy again soon!!

800cb3dc.jpg

a84884ee.jpg

9e05df38.jpg

66 ironhead

Just a quick update, picked up a 38mm mikuni and branch manifold for it.

Also picked up a 500-16 Firestone to replace the roasted back tire.

I was gonna have a cb750 front modded to run a Harley 21" but I have since decided to just lace a Harley rim to the 750 hub. Waiting for spokes from Buchanan. As soon as the wheels done a stock length 750 front end will be going on.

Also got it running after some tweaking and like 30 kicks, looking at magnetos so I can break my leg lol

66 ironhead

Nice day so I rolled her out!!

e2b2178c.jpg

6e48c1f4.jpg

92cb43f0.jpg

Threw on a late model peanut..
30507414.jpg

And my buddy brought over a old glass tank he's not gonna be using on his triumph, I think I'm in love with it...
ae5c7bd8.jpg

dfcdfde9.jpg

Please pardon my disaster of a garage!! Lol

Re: 66 ironhead

I'd probably lower the front end, just till it levels out the bottom frame rails. Maybe 3-4"

66 ironhead

PHeller said:
I'd probably lower the front end, just till it levels out the bottom frame rails. Maybe 3-4"

That's the plan, I figure the 21 with stock cb750 legs should be close to level. Right now it has +4 cb legs on it. May have to go to -2 cb legs but I'm hoping stockers will do it!!

Spokes showed up today from buchanan, quality was excelent as expected. Now to dismount and unlace 2 to lace 1. Guess I'm gonna run the Cheng Shin Avon knock off on the front for now since I have it, need to order new tubes in the next couple days too..

OH Man I love the Kharmann Ghia! I drove a 68 in high school. She never made it out of primer but I loved her that way. Flared the rear wheel wells to fit some big Panasports, looked like a little bulldog. I should look for another.

66 ironhead

It was a awesome car, I sold it a few years ago. Wish I would've kept it sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom