Brodie's Workshop

Brodie said:
Yep and so is my old man. He wants my bikes out of his garage now that I have my own place.

I have to try and hold off until I can get some kind of floor coating down. I figure it will be easier to do whilst it is an empty space.
Once that has set I will move in some "Workbenches" my father has "donated" which will be easy enough to cut up and custom fit to the space. They are the old kitchen from my parents place and can be seen in a few of my build threads. Not what I had imagined but beggars can't be choosers.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is sun all day. So they should be back around lunch time to finish off the frame work.

Been collecting these: (free when offices move) for base cabs, the drawers are enormous.

hon-filing-cabinets-14.jpg

Alright, so over the past few weeks a fair bit has happened. I broke my phone so I had no way of updating any of my threads.

Well the workshop is finally complete. Took them long enough but it is done. Apart from the electrical and the plumbing. Photos as proof.

f7f1f527ae8ff005e06f524717bdfaba.jpg

f27051520b56bbf058fdbb3ecf2ac4b7.jpg

b44ba4e075947bf0dbc1019b4ec7c9d5.jpg

Still quite a bit of a mess but it is getting there slowly.

Going to be a nice spot to work in, you still have cooler weather now yeah... will you be insulating and adding heat and air?

Yep middle of winter right now. It is 25c in there at the moment. Should be right through winter but I think I may need a fan for summer.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I'm on the Gold Coast too, currently working through buying my first house with the missus and finding somewhere with a flat block and room for a shed has made it a tough search in our price range. Good to see yours coming along

Sweet. Welcome mate. Good luck with the hunting. We had to buy an older house to get what we wanted. Worked out well in the end. Best of luck. Post a thread once you get going.

Yeah that's what we're aiming for, seems like we might wind up around ormeau though unfortunately, just seems more affordable. I'm actually an apprentice sparky if you need any tips for your install.

Ahh sweet. Ormeau is alright, Depends where you work though. We bought in Molendinar and I work in Labrador. Seemed logical.

One thing you might be able to help me with.

I am running a sub board in the shed and I was wondering if I needed to run 3 wire from the main board at the house or if I could run two and use an earth rod on the shed.
As you might notice I am not very electrically minded. The sparky at work recommended that I run 6mm but I forgot to ask him if I needed an earth from the house.

Cheers dude.

I was planning on having a circuit for the compressor and welder (and eventually lathe), a circuit for the lights and another for the general outlets to run the drill press/fridge/grinder/whatever.

What is your opinion of that. As stated earlier I am not the best with electrical stuff so I will be doing a lot of research and asking around before I do anything. After I summer it all up a sparky can come hook it together and make sure it is all up to spec.

well done mate, looking good, its a wonderous thing when you finally get the shed built, mine took bloody ages with the farting round with the council, concreters, builders, sparkies etc but when it was done....woobloodyhoo
and now that its finished, we're talking about moving........

Brodie said:
Cheers dude.

I was planning on having a circuit for the compressor and welder (and eventually lathe), a circuit for the lights and another for the general outlets to run the drill press/fridge/grinder/whatever.

What is your opinion of that. As stated earlier I am not the best with electrical stuff so I will be doing a lot of research and asking around before I do anything. After I summer it all up a sparky can come hook it together and make sure it is all up to spec.

Just really depends what sort of equipment you are running and how overboard you want to go really. If your welder is a 15amp welder you'd give it it's own circuit, possibly compressor with it depending on how big it is, or just have the compressor on the regular power circuit. Not sure what a lathe draws but you could just run a circuit for it later if you find you're overloading on the existing circuits. You could really go overboard or go tight arse, once the mains are in there it's not really an issue to add to it.

Thanks guys.

I have been having too much fun in the shed to update anything lately.

I went out and bought 30m of 6mm wire today, looks like I will be running some power tomorrow. Still need to buy conduit and finishing diggin that trench 600mm deep. But enough cable from the house to shed shed was expensive enough this week.

Anyway here is a photo of about 10mins ago. Finishing up for the night. On days off again now and it is no longer school holidays. Lets see what I can get done!

156ed34a87bac39c961813aa7e331fc2.jpg

Alright. Got a bit done today most of it not visible.

Ran the wiring under the house and got a bit more of the trench dug. I also put a drop pin on the door to hold it open when need be.

Managed to get the boat loaded with all the crap I was storing at my old mans place and brought it over. Then I stuck my shelves up and that brings us to now.

b0917af28c3af230c855b53a85b0ee7e.jpg

Had a bit of help from my new workshop buddy. He likes to check over the bikes every time I open the workshop.

f6fa5e2a52a5d37fcc1d34ce5eae0d31.jpg

So with the trench dug I had planned to run the power on this lot of days off. But once more the weather had different plans. It has been raining all week and my trench has become a creek.

Well I got the power wire run under the house at least.

I also have gotten a fair bit of work done to a stuck engine I have on my workbench at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom