Cafe seems to morph into fighter

Ok, update time. Landed a CBR 600F2 rear wheel, tire, caliper, caliper arm, axle and spacers. The whole thing bolted up with no special spacers or mods. I did lose a ton of ride hieght because the wheel is one inch shorter that the stock one and I could not use the shock extenders as there was NO clearance by the rear sprocket hub bolts and the lower shock mount. I will have to move the lower shock mounts farther up the swingarm to get my hieght back. Should be a pretty easy fix. Now have to turn attention toward front end.

New 170 vs old 130
wheel001.jpg

On bike
001-7.jpg

tight squeeze for hub bolts and shock lower mount. but tire is centered and chain is straight
003-2.jpg

ride hieght is way too low
005-3.jpg

Will shoot for this hieght by moving shock mount forward on swingarm
002-5.jpg

Only have to move it forward a few inches
001-8.jpg

The swingarm was extended 4" on the front end side and braced. I also trimmed the rear of the frame off. The cut frame and extended swingarm toether make it look longer than it really is.

oh nice...i'll be keeping notes on that swap for the 900f...i'm looking for a relatively easy wheel swap for 17's

Moved my shock mounts forward on the swinger. Got my shocks back into the proper geometry and got my ride hieght back.

002-6.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-4.jpg

Man, that flow really makes me wanna put my sidecovers back on!

76192_10100413043279774_2332510_68664416_3823167_n.jpg

How comfy is the seat you ended up with? I'm just running with a couple layers of closed cell foam, kinda want some more!

silverstonepgt said:

How comfy is the seat you ended up with? I'm just running with a couple layers of closed cell foam, kinda want some more!

Thanx, I like the side covers myself. I understand the urge to rip them off because I did a few times, just couldnt make all the shit underneath look good so I left them. Then when I made my little custom tail it did sem all to flow together.

The seat is pretty thin but it gets the job done. I couldnt stand the big, thick, ugly stock configuration so I ripped it apart.

silverstonepgt said:

Looks great so far... You should try and match the front whell with the rear one

I think you quoted the wrong picture there, slick :p

But yeah, what do you think it would take to get the matching CBR wheel on the front?

I have a CBR front wheel on the way from flea bay. When I get it all mounted up I will update with pics. The CBR front wheel will mount up to the stock forks and calipers with only some spacer adjustments so it should be pretty straight forward, I hope.

Awesome, looking forward to those pics.

Thought about going with a CBR wheel+Fork+swingarm on my CB350... like the big tough tire look, then I realized it's absolutely overkill for my little 350...

Got bored waiting for my front wheel so I put the honda emblems back on the tank. Will probably rip them back off when I get bored next week. I also landed a 94 CBR front fender for $10.00 from a salvage place, cant beat that price. Should have front wheel by the 6th, will post up pics when it is on.

007-3.jpg

I actually considered dual head lights from an old GSXR and was looking around for some on ebay. Never got around to buying them. Now I am waiting for this front wheel and planning motor work for this winter. I will probably get around to the duals before spring.

Thanx for the compliment also.

Front wheel came in. I have to have the center sleeve and right side spacer made before it is mount for good but I couldnt resist hanging it on there just to get a look see. I also landed a 94 F2 front fender for $10.00 on flea bay.

002-7.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-6.jpg

Will post some nice full bike photos when it is on permanently, maybe this weekend if the machine shop can bang out those spacers tomorrow.

Loco, you spurred my interest in the dual lights again and I found one on fleabay with the mounting cage. Bolted it up tonight, may stay with it, Feedback / opions please.

PS. wife dropped the camera and fucked it all up. Bottom of the assembly and horn assembly is not brown, camera is screwed.

And, yea, yea, will probably get the smaller turn sigs

010-3.jpg

I really like the wheels...I'm planning the same for mine...not sure on the lights, but they aren't too bad. One question..is there any other front fender you could run? I've seen many use that specific one on these bike and it just doesn't look right to me....but that's just my opinion. Anyway this one is looking really slick...i'd rock the hell out of it everyday..

I really like the rat fighter look mate, I'm not a fan of the Gixxer headlights though, they seem to me to big for your bike. What about using some smaller dominator style headlights? You could even mount them vertically for a different look?

Back
Top Bottom