Project Tesoro: cb360 Brat build

I cleaned off as much as i could with a wire wheel on a buffer, it got all the dusty rust off but still pitted like crazy. I used acetone and a rag to get them as clean as possible and the paint has stuck like glue. Just make sure to let it dry for about a week before putting on clipons or the triple

Great news from my metal shop, after keeping the frame for almost 3 months its done and the shop owner said 100$ and a promised pic of the finished bike would be payment enough. I couldn't be more grateful so I thanked him immensely, put up a great review and promised a decent print for their portfolio. Might even be able to get her painted during the holiday in my pop's garage

She's home and looking like a brat finally, I'm gonna take her to the folk's house over the holidays and use the garage space to paint the frame but for now I couldnt help doing a quick mock up...thus the backwards rear tire :p

Attachments

• becoming a brat1.jpg
    becoming a brat1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 293
  • becoming a brat 2.jpg
    becoming a brat 2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 275
I've been thinking about this for months now and cant decide on handlebars, ive gone back and forth so many times i actually purchased both to see which would look better. I'm going to keep the foot controls in stock location so im thinking of doing the higher bars...I'm 6'0" so that might play a factor... which does everyone like better?

Attachments

• dos bars.jpg
    dos bars.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 295
I'm a cafe guy myself. But this is all what you want the bike to end up looking like. Either way is going to look cool. And it only takes a few minutes to change bars.

With no rear sets go with the high bars, I'm 6'4" so I know what you are saying, very easy to get cramped on these little bikes.

looking good!!!

Cant wait to see the finished bike, I love following build threads.

Its lookin sweet!

Finished painting my frame, swingarm and rear fender over the holidays. Pretty happy with the results and we'll see how it holds up to the elements in time.

Here's a pic of my make-shift paint booth to trap any overspray which worked great! By the time i was done there was black "dust" all over the floor and plastic. I was totally covered head to toe and none really ended up on my cover-alls but take a look at the filter in my breather mask. I put a brand new one in before I started painting and after one coat I decided to stop after I saw this!!!

Attachments

• FramePaint.jpg
    FramePaint.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,112
  • dirtyfilter.jpg
    dirtyfilter.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 304
  • frame_primer.jpg
    frame_primer.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 295
  • paint_booth.jpg
    paint_booth.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 310
And here she is at my place downtown waiting patiently to be put together

Attachments

• framepainted.jpg
    framepainted.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 289
Here's a preview of the seat I'm doing my best to upholster myself, it's not finished yet but I'm looking forward to the end result 8)

The fabric is faux brown leather thats supposed to have a pretty high durability rating, if it ever rips I'll make a new one since the whole roll was only 9$

Attachments

• fullysewnseatcover.jpg
    fullysewnseatcover.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 283
  • seatsewn.jpg
    seatsewn.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 303
  • strips2.jpg
    strips2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 298
  • seat_strips.jpg
    seat_strips.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 323
Really stoked on this build and nice job on the seat! Upholstery is a skill I definitely don't have the patience for.

timeconsuming said:
Really stoked on this build and nice job on the seat! Upholstery is a skill I definitely don't have the patience for.

Thanks man, my grandma was showing me the ropes haha

Love the build thread . Your bike is going to look great.

Drank a few cups of coffee and enjoyed my first Friday night to myself in a while, got a few things done on the engine includign PJ's oil modifications on everything but the camshaft. Even got my rear fender sorted out ;D

Attachments

• OilMod.jpg
    OilMod.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 306
  • RightGasket.jpg
    RightGasket.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 287
  • RightCaseOn.jpg
    RightCaseOn.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 299
  • RearFenderDone.jpg
    RearFenderDone.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 302
Forgot to take a pic of the gasket after I trimmed off the excess, I put the cover on and went around carefully with a razor, looks much cleaner now

Back
Top Bottom