1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project

Swagger said:
there's a kat here in town that's got a pretty weird bobber'd 50's NSU (!)
not much to it but this odd two stroke twin engine and two 21" wheels, but all the steel has been hot blued and oils. It makes an interesting statement for sure.

one of my plans for my cb175 hardtail ill be building next year ;)

JRK5892 said:
i do not have access to our photos right now, but a quick google search... here they are
vein... they are all one shot powders, so do not worry about it, the only diff is our costs are just a touch higher... some wrinkles are really cool, i am doing my bobber frame in black velvet, it is flat black but looks like velvet, and has a weird texture to it

silver_vein.gif

hammer
1941242.jpg

I want to do a bike in Burnt Penny copper from PPG. We did it for a display that went into Home Depot. The color was sexy as hell, exactly they way a burnt penny would look like, a little texture on it as well.

Jay

My Matco 6 Series tool box is done in the same finish as above, Black Silver Vein. Its a tough finish, and looks cool.

thanks for the tips JRK!!

forcefanajd said:
have you considered hitting the frame with gun blueing??

no i havent, but it sounds like a really interesting finish....... i need to check it out.

rextec said:
thanks for the tips JRK!!

no i havent, but it sounds like a really interesting finish....... i need to check it out.

you would have to wipe the bike down constantly with oil because it will rust. Now if you blue it and clear coat that would be interesting. Though I'm not sure how that would end up looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Rebel-2006-Honda-Rebel-Bobber-with-only-235-miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c523284afQQitemZ190357603503QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles

just wanted to let everyone know im not dead!! lol... going to be doing some work on her tomorrow. i think i might be going to go a different direction than originally planned. its taking me so long because i cant seem to make up my mind on what i want to do with the damn thing!!!!

OK, glad to know your not dead! You have been thinking for a l...o...nnnnn...ggggggggg ass time! Its a rebel dude! Aside from completely redesigning the entire frame, making new motor castings, fabing your own tins, and forging new parts from the flames of hell; you only have so many options! I hope you shock me though!

Not trying to bust your balls man, just givin you a little hell, I was wondering were the hell you had gone?

tWistedWheelz said:
OK, glad to know your not dead! You have been thinking for a l...o...nnnnn...ggggggggg ass time! Its a rebel dude! Aside from completely redesigning the entire frame, making new motor castings, fabing your own tins, and forging new parts from the flames of hell; you only have so many options! I hope you shock me though!

Not trying to bust your balls man, just givin you a little hell, I was wondering were the hell you had gone?

HAHAHAHAH this made me laugh!!!!!! i know man, you speak the truth but im sooo indecisive sometimes.... i just need to throw it together and modify it along the way.

Twisted always gives me a smile. Brother is not afraid to say what's on his mind and that's what i like about him....not. The F'er anyway!
hahaha, just kidding bud, I think you about summed it up ;D

Hey Rextec just get in there and get yer hands dirty and have some fun.

welll i got the passenger peg/exhaust mounts cut off and smoothed today.... a little step but, progress none the less!

rextec said:
welll i got the passenger peg/exhaust mounts cut off and smoothed today.... a little step but, progress none the less!

Progress for sure, how long did you ponder before you commited! :D

I kidd I kidd! I am just glad your back to workin and posting on DTT again!

Have you checked Deviant1's thread Eleanor Rigby, also a 1985 rebel 250?

tWistedWheelz said:
Progress for sure, how long did you ponder before you commited! :D

I kidd I kidd! I am just glad your back to workin and posting on DTT again!

Have you checked Deviant1's thread Eleanor Rigby, also a 1985 rebel 250?

i lost sleep over that decision!!! lol jk..... i have checked out that thread, pretty cool to see another rebel being modded on here. anyone on here that can bend me a rear hoop if i give the dimensions????

heres a couple of pics... i figured i prob wouldnt have a passenger on this bike since its too slow to get out of its own way with just one person on it so i got rid of the passenger peg mounts to clean up the frame a little, also got rid of the airbox mount tabs because i will be running a K&N pod filter.

theron006.jpg

theron005.jpg

JRK5892 said:
what! no passanger! man... that is the best part about having a bike at that age, the ladies!

hahahahah! if worse comes to worse she can just wrap her legs around my waist.....LOL! see i got it all figured out!!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom