Tempter 650

Thunderstruck

Just wanted to share my bike. Its an 83 Suzuki GR 650 Tempter. I bought it from an old man down the street who used it on dirt roads to get to his cabin, lol. It was a POS when I got it but after a bit of work, it turned out pretty well. Pretty much everything was hand made or scrounged, I powdercoated all the parts myselft, made what I needed to and threw out about 50 lbs of junk that was attached to it at one time. I love the engine, it has a dual stage flywheel with a clutch that adds weight at low rpm so it has plenty of grunt down low. Once its past 5 grand or so it releases the weight so it can rev out. I left the full floater suspension for a decent ride and rebuilt the front forks with new oil and seals. Other than that it was basically hours and hours of labour. I relocated the rear fender and shortened the front one. Removed all the electronics except the necessities. Its actually very fast and light and LOUD! Hahaha. Its definitely unique. Total budget, including cost of bike: $1000.00

Before:

After:

NNNNOOOOOOO!!!! How could you do that to such a rare bike!

Kidding. Looks great! Are you a member on the GR forum as well? Your bike actually looks familiar.

Welcome to the site man!

OH MY GOD! Rich, are you ok?

You have Tempter competition...

Interesting bike man! Welcome to DTT.

Funny... I thought exactly the same thing when I saw this... how will Rich cope? Hahaha kiddin' Rich!

Interesting take on the GR theme for sure! Is that the stock GR tank you've put dents in or is that an optical illusion with the photo?

Im almost positive that's just the stock shape of the tank. Normally the shape of it is hard to distinguish because of the factory paint.

Nice looking bike, and welcome to the site.

can't believe i've seen 4 GR's now, of course 3 of them were Rich's. lol

Rich, I've been on DTT for less than a week, and I've already discovered you have a reputation :p

Hahahaha! Pete, you're killing me.

In my own defense, I had a Honda 175 last year. I still have a Honda CR60 chilling in the basement.......and I got a CB400f a couple months ago too. See? I'm seeking help in my own way.

Nice effort Rich! Do you really think that will distract everyone from your GR addiction? :p

You know I'm just jealous don't ya? Hahahaha

Thanks for the comments guys. 8) I really had fun building this bike and I'm not finsihed with it yet. I'm thinking about extending the swingarm next and blacking it all out. I'd like to get a fatty on the rear but there isn't a whole lot of room back there. Here's a pic of my Honda Ruckus that I stretched, big bored and changed cosmetically. It'll do 60mph (which ain't too shabby for a 50...well, 58.1cc, lol).

Rich, You mean an 83 CR60? I'd love to get my hands on one of those. Had one when I was a kid and loved it. in fact I'd like to start a collection of the bikes that I've owned in my life! That would be pretty cool.

clem said:
Rich, You mean an 83 CR60? I'd love to get my hands on one of those. Had one when I was a kid and loved it. in fact I'd like to start a collection of the bikes that I've owned in my life! That would be pretty cool.

Yep, the one and only "giant killer". The 84 CR60's changed a couple things and then they stopped making the 60's. If you want to buy it, I'll sell it to you pretty cheap.

Sorry to thread jack ya Thunder- the scoot looks great too. Must be scary as hell to go 60 on those tires/wheel base!

Swivel, from your few posts already you seem to be a pretty interesting fella. You should head over to the "member introduction" area and properly introduce yourself with some details. And pics - we like pictures........

Back
Top Bottom