'73 cb350 clutch

Jihrie

Okay so in short I am wrapping up my first rebuild and pseudo custom job. I have been doing this whole thing on a super super tight budget so going to a mechanic isn't an option. Have my bike completely rideable except that my clutch only works half the time the rest of the time when ever I compress it fully it makes this really loud popping sound in the lower left portion of the engine and then all the resistance goes away and the clutch lever won't spring back to it's original position. I have taken the cover off and checked everything out and it seems to be in working order. I'm stuck and would love some advice.

Thanks,

-Joshua

Seems like you don't have the cable adjusted correctly, they can pop like that if they are not setup right. The best procedure I've found is written up by Steve over at HondaTwins.net: http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8963

Work step by step through that procedure and see if it helps.

What happens is there is a ring in there with 3 bearing balls in it. The ring rotates when you pull the clutch, and the balls get forced up a ramp to force the pushrod in. If the resting point is halfway up the ramp...when you pull the lever, they move past the end of the ramp and get stuck. Just a bit of mumbo jumbo for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom