'82 cb650. Best purpose for this motor?

AlphaDogChoppers said:
http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/murrayfeldman/library/CB650SOHC?sort=3&page=1

Ah, thanks.

A 2 into 4 setup.

Cycleexchange makes one for the cb750.

In theory, good for throttle response, not as good for top end power due to the greatly increased intake plenum length.

In theory.

Regardless of theory...

The bike will be substantially faster with Murray's carbs. Honda has too-short intake manifolds. Murray's are better tuned. Powerband is much more responsive at lower RPM, but not at the expense of top end.

I am not certain that Murray has the manifold/carb kit ready to ship for the CB650 today, but he is definitely working on it.

sohc 650 kit is in stock here is some pics of one

all new 20 minutes to install it comes complete nothing else needed

That's a pretty blanket statement.
I'm not saying it isn't true, I'm just saying it isn't for sure true.
As a track bike, with probably the best breathing head in the entire SOHC4 lineup (I once heard the cb400f was...), on a bike that lives between 8 and 10.5 grand, the greatly increased resistance and turbulence could very well starve the bike at those RPM.

But, I don't have solid numbers for any of it.

yes i think it looks elegant functional yet simple

that would normally be true except today we have neat thing like wet flow benches and high speed photography

the top end is about the same if the bike is wound right out maybe a few more hp and revs i have only dynoed this setup

so far with a stock exhaust system i will be trying it with some other exhaust system in early december

but low end and mid range is way better the bike pulls like a Freightliner

with way less peaky torque curve much improved drivability and starting and awesome throttle response

cxman said:
yes i think it looks elegant functional yet simple

that would normally be true except today we have neat thing like wet flow benches and high speed photography

the top end is about the same if the bike is wound right out maybe a few more hp and revs i have only dynoed this setup

so far with a stock exhaust system i will be trying it with some other exhaust system in early december

but low end and mid range is way better the bike pulls like a Freightliner

with way less peaky torque curve much improved drivability and starting and awesome throttle response

Yeah, I can imagine that air at velocity still cramming into the cylinder long after the stock setup gave up.

Love to see a dyno pull back to back stock and yours.

Back
Top Bottom