Old School Speed CB350 Woes

HiroProtagonist

Been Around the Block
Hey All!

I'm using the Old School Speed rear-sets for my CB350, but am having a ton of trouble with them between 1 thing and another.

1) They seem to be hitting the mufflers pretty consistently. Haven't actually ridden with them, but you have to have the levers basically horizontal to start to get enough play to have room to engage them. Seems like a really uncomfortable position

2) Definitely some required pieces missing - the parts to attach the linkage to the brake lever doesn't actually include any bolts for it - just a nut with nothing to attach it to

3) I've been reading some worrying things about the linkage to the brake, regarding bump-braking.

4) This is minor, but the pedals can't actually fold up, because they hit the linkage.

Was anybody able to get this working? Ideally I'd love to see an example of somebody getting it put together comfortably with stock pipes and following the instructions provided. I don't have metal-working equipment, and it looks like a lot of people are having to fab parts to make these work. Am I SOL on this and need to get pieces made? Is there any other solution? I emailed Old School Speed and haven't heard back regarding making these fit with the mufflers.

I'd love any help you could give. I know I'm a noob, and I'm not griping about Old School Speed. I know that building this is a labor of love and I need STFU and not complain when I get some extra work for these things. My main goal is to minimize any additional $ expenditure and figure out a way to get these to work and be safe to use!

Hey J-Rod10! Are the ones in the thread you posted the ones you make? I saw those after ordering the ones from Old School Speed and immediately regretted my decision. I'll see if Old School Speed will accept returns, but I'm guessing they won't. :(

Na, the OSS rearsets are nice. The 350, 360, and 450 need a pivot like I designed to work properly. I'm surprised others haven't copied it over the last few years. Benji's is the only one that's ripped it off so far.

Legit. Yeah I'll have to do some figurin' on this one. I'm thinkin' brake lever and figuring out a way to get around those mufflers is my biggest goal.

I don't do it often, because a lot of people buy other rearsets, because they are cheaper, and want to just buy my pivot, but I can throw one together and a rod for the brake side if you are interested.

That'll solve your actuation problem, not so much the exhaust problem, though.

I'll definitely keep in touch with you about it! Just spoke with Kris from Old School and he's going to be making some new stuff for them that will move them up 1.75" which will hopefully solve the exhaust issue.

In regards to the actuation problem, I'm guessing you're referring to the bump-breaking? Thanks so much for your help, by the way!!!

Back
Top Bottom