Enduro GR- break her down for parts.......

Re: Yet another Suzuki 650

It will be a beast that needs to be tamed. I think you are up to the challenge, Rich. Though, it wouldn't hurt to gain 30 or so pounds to help keep that thing on two wheels.

Done and done sir.

VonYinzer may have a hard time riding this for just that reason though........

Big Rich said:
Hahaha! C'mon Swagger, it's only 7 teeth. Can't be all that bad.......

Think of all the tread i'll save on the front tire- since it will barely ever see the ground!

Nice! Should be a blast to ride. Up a tree! LOL

Got these pictures sent to me today from our resident mad scientist:

100MEDIA95IMAG0031.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0032.jpg

4.5" stretch, relocated brake stay, lengthened rear brake actuator, the whole nine yards. Should just be a bolt on and go type deal. Thanks again man!

Nice!

Hey did you get my PM? My computer is being wonky and I've had a couple not go thru recently....mainly when this piece of doo loses it's mind.....

Damned Communists strike again!

Ok, so I'll go try a resend...standby....

And another pictureless update:

Waiting on the swinger (see my cafe thread) but once it gets here, everything else should be good to go. The exhaust needs welded up and the seat still needs covered but can't do either until the bike is rolling again. I did however extend the rubber mud flap on the rear splash guard (needs trimmed after the wheel is mounted) and mounted a cheap enduro tail light to the rear fender. And for some stupid reason, mounted up an old license plate- even though this bike wont see street duty for a long time. The one thing I will take a pic of soon is the gas tank. After heeding advice from Twisted, I polished the plastic like aluminum. Started out with some rough stuff (80 grit?) and worked all the up to 1500. Turned out really nice. Still looks like a very old tank, but now it looks like it wasn't abused for 35 years. And onto the 400f......

Sweet, can't wait to see the tank. I too recently found out how easy it is to polish up plastic. My taillight lens came rough from the seller so I sanded to 1500 then just used the same rubbing compounds that I used on my clear coat. Looks like glass! And who woulda thought?

Ran into a little bump in the road.......I was installing some fork boots and after I got done I put the front wheel back on. I was tightening the axle nut and heard a small pop but didn't think too much about it until I put the fork brace on - the front wheel is now off center in the forks. After taking everything apart again I realized the hub is screwed. Cracked the mounting surface for the bearings so now I need ANOTHER front wheel. Damn.

So there will be some minor changes in my short-term tire selection. And those changes include these:
k761.jpg

And I got to thinking: the stock seat sub frame could use a little loving (read: cut off and improved). May as well try to get that done before getting the seat upholstered. I won't divulge any details on that until it's in the works though.

Kenda K761's I believe. I have it written down at work......

Freaking awesome my friend.Maybe I should do this to those two GS500 I can't get titles for.

Bummer Rich, hate to hear it got buggered up. What about swapping to a dirtbike wheel up front?

Every time I see this I start getting ideas about converting some random streetbike to dirt.......I bet you have the only GR dirtbike in existence! I have this 95 Kawasaki Concours just sitting here.......heh.

Oh...I should have the barstock for you manifolds in hand Friday...

Do it Ben! The only problem is the lack of travel (and ground clearance). Tons of potential though with an 11,000-ish red line and 6 speed tranny........

Swag- I actually ordered another GT front wheel since they are so stinking cheap. I think the one I got was $25 shipped and only needed new bearings. Eventually I'll have 2 sets of wheels: strictly knobby and a mild dual sport. For the time being I've been robbing small parts from this one since I am waiting for other parts anyway.

Ricardo...

You have seen the wall o' wheels at the garage.

Pick one that works and it be yours sir.

Big Rich said:
Do it Ben! The only problem is the lack of travel (and ground clearance). Tons of potential though with an 11,000-ish red line and 6 speed tranny........

Swag- I actually ordered another GT front wheel since they are so stinking cheap. I think the one I got was $25 shipped and only needed new bearings. Eventually I'll have 2 sets of wheels: strictly knobby and a mild dual sport. For the time being I've been robbing small parts from this one since I am waiting for other parts anyway.

I'd def go with some dirt bike forks off a heavy dirt bike or enduro.Possibly a dirt shock on the rear too.Spokies?I don't think I'd really kick it off road.Just some rough dirt roads or field riding.No air time.

Re: Dirty GR progress- swinger came in!!!

Got a phone call to wake me up......to tell me this was waiting on the porch:

1312589024.jpg

It's just kind of shoved in there for now (look closely- there's a bot wedged in there) but here's a pic of the stretched clearance :
1312589097.jpg

Compared to the stock wheel clearance:
1312589135.jpg

Unfortunately, I have been signed up for overtime for work. Between that, getting a roof put on the house, putting my trailer together, and getting the other bike ready for Mods vs Rockers, I wont have any time to really work on this for about 2 weeks. But it looks so purdy as is! :D

Back
Top Bottom