DWMS Racing XS1100 Big Bore 1196cc Engine Build

rubin said:
Nice work! This is something I know I will need to do soon to my 11 both the big bore kit and the paint. Where did you source the kit? They are getting pretty scarce these days.

Brother rubin these pistons came from Japan, let me know when you need them and I will help you get a set!

I installed the cam chain guides, pistons, rings, wristpins, clips, and the cylinders on the engine today!

000_00013-1.jpg

000_00022-1.jpg

000_0003-1.jpg

000_0004-1.jpg

000_0005-1.jpg

000_0006-1.jpg

Me and my Beautiful Daughter at the shop today!

000_00083.jpg

I guess your daughter got her good looks from her mother....Lucky for her! 8) 8)

That is funny Brother as that is the same thing my Daughter said! Hahahaha! I am blessed to have such a beautiful wife who is also such a wonderful Mother to our children so I will take it as a compliment!

I installed the oil filter housing and the oil pan on the engine yesterday and I completed most of the porting and valve work on the cylinder head today!

000_0016.jpg

000_00014.jpg

000_00032-1.jpg

Just came here from your Facebook link. Looking righteous dude. Stellar work, something to aspire to 8)

DWMS Racing XS1100 Big Bore 1196cc Engine Build

That is another work of art. That it will run well and work is merely icing on the cake.

Your work is stunning.

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

I've always liked the XS11 lump (so I'm biased, so what?) This is one of the nicest I've seen. Great job, Joe!

Thank You Brothers, this was a fun engine build and your kind words truly mean a lot to me!

Here are the last two photos I took of the engine, we painted the oil fill cap and the breather system to match the valve cover!

000_0021.jpg

000_0032.jpg

Damn. I'm inspired! I have the lump out of my '79 standard right now and stripping the paint. I'm interested in these pistons from Japan you speak of. Considering opening her up since the motor is out now.

Back
Top Bottom