'71 Suzuki TS250 tracker - mock up

Re: '74 CB200

Geez, how many brothers do you have? Every time I turn around, you are building/ buying a bike for another one!

Since you're that way about it, can I be you're brother too? ;D I need a nice brother like that!

Re: Re: '74 CB200

[My tip for getting it adjusted is to do what I did with my '75 CB200t. I bought a CB175 complete front wheel, hub, and complete drum. Its a direct swap-out ]

I did pretty much the same thing with my 200 (I used CL175 forks). Just had to modify the 200's fender a little to make it fit on the CL forks. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Going in more of a tracker (sort of) direction with this one now. Knobby tires, big sprocket, no lights/plate, off road only! Need something that can get muddy.

Work will start soon...

Exited! Me and the gf are doing the exact same thing on the exact same bike. Wonderingwhat your craftmanship makes out of it.

As for the front brake, I'm doing the same (CL175 front end). It is a dual leading shoe brake and 160mm diameter. A little shy of the 180mm cb160 but is a perfect proportion for a 100 size bike. It's a good upgrade to the little 120mm single leading shoe of some smaller bikes. Put on a set of new brake shoes from Vintage Brake, new or re-lubed cable and call it done. Make sure to properly adjust the linkages for maximum braking efficiency.

Thanks eyhonda.

Unfortunately, this little CB is getting shelved again for another year or so. Why would I do this? I like challenges, so when I decided to turn a road bike into a dirt bike, no biggie. But then, one day, I came across a decent Suzuki TS250 2-stroke. For insane cheap (around here at least). This little Zuki will now be turned into a stripped dirt tracker, because as much as I like a challenge, going from dirt to dirt is a bit easier than going from road to dirt...

Here it is, a '71 Suzuki Savage (TS250). Owner said it was a '69...vin plate said otherwise...
6df3b4d2.jpg

Re: '74 CB200 becomes '71 TS250 tracker

Doesn't run, don't know what all it needs to run yet. I plan on pulling off the jug anyways. It's a stupid simple bike though, so I'm looking forward to tearing it apart and doing it up right.

Damn Ringo! I was so exited to see what you would to the cb200 cause me and the girl are doing the same with her 200.
Would have been sweet to do a build-off haha... too bad.

understand your choice btw - this one is sweet as well!

Hah yep, well don't worry, the cb will get done eventually. I just couldn't pass this one up, and I've wanted a 2-stroke for some time.

Got the good camera out and took a few pics for y'all. It needs some TLC, but I'm pretty excited to dig in.

Wiring fun
250wiring.jpg

250underseat.jpg

Tank's trashed
250tank.jpg

How's that for a custom seat cover
250seat.jpg

2 plugs in the head. Think I read here somewhere that the second one is really supposed to be a compression release?
250plugs.jpg

Fuel fun
250petcock.jpg

Custom bodywork fun
250fender.jpg

And a steering damper, nice!
250damper.jpg

It'll lose all the lights, anything needed to be street legal. Gain a tracker-style seat and new tank. Hopefully I'll find time to do some engine work. And I can't stop thinking about a fat expansion chamber...

Cool. Glad to see somebody else has a TS on here. I had an extra spark plug in my head, too. I ordered the part that goes in there, and I got a bolt basically. It didn't screw in all the way, so I put the other plug back in. Runs like a champ and has all that 2 stroke power. I'm not going to the extemes that I believe you will, so I will enjoy watching what you do with yours.

Very cool, interceptor. Glad there's a few people with knowledge of this bike here.

Currently trying to decide what to do about the seat. Having dirt/flat-trackers as my inspiration for this build, I'm tempted to order a tracker seat. But isn't that what most people would do? Would it be improper to fabricate a 'stylized' seat myself? Not strictly tracker, but a similar flow and feel...

It seems that basically all dedicated dirt track bikes have this same seat, and if that's just how it should be, then I'll do it.

Soooooo, is this something that I shouldn't go with the "standard Ringo waaay left field" fabrication treatment? Whaddya say?

Ordering is easier... ::)

Re: Re: '74 CB200 becomes '71 TS250 tracker

Ringo said:
Would it be improper to fabricate a 'stylized' seat myself?

Hell No it would not be improper!!!!! Can't wait to see whatcha come up with.

I've seen your builds. YOU have the ability to replicate what you see in your mind. I'm sure your going to wow us when we see what you've been thinking of ;) Sketches?

Nothing crazy this time around. Just a little tracker-inspired seat. Not too concerned with weight on this one, so maybe sheet steel.

Join the 'in crowd', and just order one. You can still impress people by telling them you installed it yourself! ;D ;D

...I know of a Harley you could buy next...

Back
Top Bottom