Lupo Di Mare (1976 xs360 build) (Toronto)

shamus

LDMMC
Hey all, already posted in the intro section, but I figured I would make an official build thread. I'll keep it short. Here are some photos.

Hot off the truck
8338788421_4012a8ab21_z.jpg

My lovely and talented lady with the xs
8178886515_d175d2a021_z.jpg

Day 1

Yes that is my living room. I have two of them and finally found a use for the 2nd.
8338787539_414fbb535a_z.jpg

8339845182_ef4197fb76_z.jpg

Gratuitous grinding scene.
8339885622_bf4c2e5d77_z.jpg

Just about ready for paint, then I can get my rolling chassis underway.

Shamus

8338782099_0bbac3f66e_z.jpg

I'm a man of few words, so for that I apologize. I realize there isn't much to ask about yet, but if anyone has any questions about my build along the way, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, guys. The seat is actually not staying. I'm throwing down something a little thinner.

My intentions for the bike are to strip everything down including the forks and engine (which is completed) and rebuild it lighter and focus on the vintage dual sport vibe that the bike inherently has.

Maybe I will just make a burger bike. Frame is already brown... Sesame seed seat. Burger tank, it writes itself.

Swapmeet Louie said:
I agree w/ Tim... make the script a little smaller yet. then, *perfecto!*

Absolutely agree. Thanks, man.
Tim said:
Layout 1 for sure.

What area of town are you in?

Corktown. Right across the street from the Dominion Pub.

You are obviously a lucky man with bikes and the ladies. Love the bike and those grips are going to be special - Bowie knife grips - I'd love a set in brass and Amber. I'd pick tank design number three, the others look good on paper, but I think three will look stylish and unfussy on the bike. Keep up the good work.

Rad grip idea man. How do you plan to cap off the ends?

I'm partial to tank 1 & 4. Something really cool about the simpleness of 1 though.

going to be a killer bike. i think option three of the tank layouts is the most awesome, personally. #1 has been played out but number three just looks classy. grips are badass already, can't wait to see the final product. way to go bud.

So, tonight I gave a go at painting my headers. Since my headers were bare metal, I wanted to do something to them that would keep it low maintenance and looking slick. Pipe wrap isn't for me and high temp paints don't come in a vast array of colours. So here's what I decided to do. I went out and bought some VHT header paint in white. The stuff only comes in aerosol (at least in Canada) so I decided to do a little customization. Release the gas from the can, cut it open, and poured it into a mixing bottle. I live right next to a sherwin williams so I asked them for some tints which they kindly gave me for free. I wanted to adjust the colour of the paint to a cream colour to match my tank, but needed something that wouldn't alter the high temp compound. I wasn't entirely sure how the tints would hold up to the heat.

Here's my tints.
8339836642_98e8a450aa_z.jpg

Headers ready for paint.
8338778759_53a1287aba_z.jpg

Went to 250°, colour is looking great. Then to 400°, still looking fantastic.
8338777843_c6bba25044_z.jpg

Cranked it up to the final 600°, and something went terribly wrong.

8338777293_1839217596_z.jpg

Well folks, back to the drawing board.

That is bloody brilliant. You should run them - I'd love to see them in person one Thursday night.

Back
Top Bottom