1975 CB200 Cafe Project

I finally got round to starting the strip down on my CB200. I am removing the two panels that covered the air filters, but was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for some replacement air filters? thanks

haha Ill have to take a look. I've saved up nearly 1k over the last 6 months working full time while going to school and unfortunately (or fortunate is some aspects) I go home to hawaii in a few days. So no work on it until I get back. As soon as I get back the frame is getting powder coated. I got a tank but it has some rust spots where its eaten through so I don't think I can save it. Ill go talk to some welders and see if they can do anything. Otherwise I'm making progress. I think I'm going to go with a paint theme of metal flake silver with flat red racing stripe down the middle.

Suggestion time,

I have a cb200 build that I am also doing, I just got .040" milled off the head. It increased my compression ratio substantially. I suggest you to do the same.

tapyzary.jpg

Here is my k&n set up on my 200.

do they sell the filters in black? If not do you think it would look tacky if I dyed the filter black?

K&N filters are gonna be red. The filter oil you put on them is also red giving them a darker but more red color.

I sold this bike after someone made an offer I couldn't turn down. When you make a 700% profit, it's time to walk. I'm currently looking for a new project and I think I might pickup a local 66 honda cl160. Thanks for all the input!

808shadow said:
Haven't had much time to mess with the bike with school (thermo is kicking my butt) but today I took off the front and rear wheels, took out the engine, and started on the forks before it was too dark to do anything else.

Seems as though you're doing OK at thermo seeing as you insulated your garage door...

Back
Top Bottom