400F bratstyle

andycafe said:
Heres a link to his build thread :)

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45982.30

Kewl......, hey thanks man.

andycafe said:
very generously giving me a Honda Cb400f ( bored to 500 ).

o1marc said:
I didn't think you could bore a 400f to 500. How was it done?

It's what my bro told me so I suspect it's what the guy who sold it to him had said, since I'm not stripping the engine down I wont know until the carb's are rebuilt for sure :eek: He could have been telling pork pies ::)

Sshhh don't tell my wife :eek: got the wheels from the powder coated and straight around to have new tyres fitted 8) Also the tail loop arrived today.

Attachments

• 4fnt (800x436).jpg
    4fnt (800x436).jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 4ffl (800x645).jpg
    4ffl (800x645).jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 366
:eek: :eek: Nearly 2 years later and I have finally reassembled these wheels and fitted them to the bike ;)

Attachments

• 20151229_184225.jpg
    20151229_184225.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 379
Well it seem's I am going to carry on with some momentum on this project :eek: I have picked up (ordered) some new to me parts for this bike to help get her finished :eek: They include, Seat, Rear inner & main guard, chain tensioners, carb to airbox adapter and handlebar controls ;D Here's to some good progress in 2016 ;)

Maritime said:
Yay. glad you are back to work on this one. I will have a 400F project someday.

Thanks buddy :) Continued gathering bit's with some coil's, air box to frame pipe, side cover grommets and a new compliance plate on their way :)

With no frame mods required I think it's a good time to strip her down and have the powder coating done, rebuild the front & rear shocks then start to build her back up :eek: :)

Started the strip tonight, still plenty to sort out :eek: Still it's a good pile ready for powder and chrome ;D

Attachments

• 4hfprfrj.jpg
    4hfprfrj.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 381
Dropped everything off for sandblasting and chrome today, Finally ;D

Spoke to the Sandblaster on Friday, Unfortunately didn't get to my job :-\ Oh well should have em next week to deliver to the powder coater ;)

Picked up from the Sandblaster, they also etched ready for powder ;D Dropped off at the Coaters, should be ready middle of next week :eek: Hopefully the Chrome will be ready then too :-\

Picked up the Chrome bits tonight 8) powdercoater assures me it will all be ready for pickup tomorrow arvo :p The black frame and swing arm are done (they look sweeet) just waiting on the silver bit's :-\ I'm hoping to get it built up to a roller at least before my brother who gave it to me arrives in town & 6.30 tomorrow :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D

Back
Top Bottom