1984 Honda vf1000f interceptor

well, I managed to demolish my new countershaft seals when pressing them in. Oh well, I learned from it and new ones are on their way...

Ah well, in the words of Chris Stapleton, "I've got nobody to blame but me"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

clem said:
I've been on a roll here myself too. I can't get right boss.
Oh man Myself.
I think I'll need to make a sacrifice to Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration this Friday.
I hope a six pack does the trick, otherwise I may have to dance naked around a pile of spare parts :p

Redbird said:
I hope a six pack does the trick, otherwise I may have to dance naked around a pile of spare parts :p
Oh please God, let the the six pack work.

Well the interceptor went to its new home today. A guy at mid Ohio bought it in the 11th hour for a fair price for both of us.

The guy that bought the interceptor was about 5' 8" tall and all of 135lbs. He asked to take a test ride, so I made him put cash in hand. Glad I did, cuz he laid it down on the test ride. (slow speed crash, little rash on the fairing and broken turn signal) Later found out that he had only ever ridden a bike once to the end of his street and back. 1000cc muscle bike may not have been his best choice for a first bike. Wish him well, and he was still super pumped to get the bike.

It was fun to own it, but right now it feels good to say I USED to own it lol

aa63052125e7c726773202a2a61da444.jpg

Super crazy to buy that as a first bike. Im sure it wont take him long to learn to respect the power.

irk miller said:
What happened to the Magna? LOL
That's the bike he rode to the end of his street once lol

He and my student need to get together. They can learn to ride bicycles and motorcycles then wreck mailboxes together.

irk miller said:
He and my student need to get together. They can learn to ride bicycles and motorcycles then wreck mailboxes together.
Crash bros 4 life

It was pretty cool to see you represent the forum at the VMD swap meet and to have met someone in person from the DTT! Cool that you sold the big Interceptor! I would have considered it if it was a 750. That liter bike is too big for me. Yeah crazy that guy bought it as a first bike! Hope he respects the power and learns throttle control quick. I'll see you next year!

Thanks for giving me a "first refusal" on this baby Levi. I wish my situation was different and I could've picked her up from ya.
Glad to see you were happy with the sale, I hope the new owner appreciates her as much as you did ;)

eyhonda said:
It was pretty cool to see you represent the forum at the VMD swap meet and to have met someone in person from the DTT! Cool that you sold the big Interceptor! I would have considered it if it was a 750. That liter bike is too big for me. Yeah crazy that guy bought it as a first bike! Hope he respects the power and learns throttle control quick. I'll see you next year!
Thanks man, and it was great to meet you and your son as well. It anyways is good to put a face with a name man. I'll definitely see you next year. It's always a highlight of my summer!

Redbird said:
Thanks for giving me a "first refusal" on this baby Levi. I wish my situation was different and I could've picked her up from ya.
Glad to see you were happy with the sale, I hope the new owner appreciates her as much as you did ;)

No worries man! And it can still be yours.... guy threw it up for sale the same day he bought it ha I think the whisky throttle low side crash on the test ride scared him a little bit, rightly so. .

b29b2346da123f5cb4478d000582b3ff.jpg

I never got a chance to ride one of the old 1k interceptors, is it really that much to handle??? My first bike was a cbr600rr brand new in 2003, I never had an issue except a tip over sitting in a parking lot waiting for my friends...

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

dakine_surf said:
I never got a chance to ride one of the old 1k interceptors, is it really that much to handle??? My first bike was a cbr600rr brand new in 2003, I never had an issue except a tip over sitting in a parking lot waiting for my friends...

It was an impressive amount of power imho for a mid 80's bike. Granted that if he wasn't a fresh rider, he would have been fine. That, and they are heavy and awkward at slow speeds. Slow speed, full lock turn and whiskey throttle = low side. Story world be the same on any 120hp bike in those conditions I'd think

HURCO550 said:
It was an impressive amount of power imho for a mid 80's bike. Granted that if he wasn't a fresh rider, he would have been fine. That, and they are heavy and awkward at slow speeds. Slow speed, full lock turn and whiskey throttle = low side. Story world be the same on any 120hp bike in those conditions I'd think

Gotcha... Yeah probably, I love those v4's... such a great motor... like I said I've never ridden the 1k but I have a 2000 vfr800 and I freakin love that bike, brakes aren't the best but it really is comfortable on the highway and is decent in the twistys, pulls like hell on the straights for basically a stock bike with exhaust and a power commander.

dakine_surf said:
Gotcha... Yeah probably, I love those v4's... such a great motor... like I said I've never ridden the 1k but I have a 2000 vfr800 and I freakin love that bike, brakes aren't the best but it really is comfortable on the highway and is decent in the twistys, pulls like hell on the straights for basically a stock bike with exhaust and a power commander.

I was Impressed with this 1000. Unless you want to hate your life, don't ever buy one with carb issues. They are the biggest pain in the rear. Otherwise, it was a fun bike. Most fun in the wide open straight aways too.

Back
Top Bottom