"Thor's Hammer" 1975 XS650 hardtail

sinbad85 said:
did u get that harmonic balancer for the truck yet??

i wanted to show you what i found in grandpas garage........
imagine using this as a suicide shifter

IMG_0740.jpg

kinda appropriate for your build

Think yuo´ll have to send that his way ASAP!

Swivel said:
A flexible fender stay,so it can flexability like have the fender move and eat the tire and slash Y'r butt while riding like a sushi bar knife?

Sorry,Y've lost me...any build that starts off with a mini milk churn with a cat staring at it tends to dull my senses.

I don't think your hardtail section welds and slugging will survive three good bumps.

Did you know that the diseases spread by domestic cats that can affect the human brain are passed through the spread of their faeces.Thats why I run over cats in the truck,it's public health measure and it's damn good fun!

What's this bike for? To keep the damn cat company while you drive backward and forward to the blasters and the powdercoaters?Alcoholism is looking like a preferable option.....

"I PCed the fork legs 5 times." Are you joking?
give the man a brake ::) y the fuck dont somone get you off thes sites your bad news .you fink you are the one ,but your just a joke man ,do you build bikes or just kill topics for a job as all you do is sit at your pc all the time ??? your a fucking no good wanker .please ban the fucker 8)

sory for the rant mate the xs looks great 8) i built one a bit back now .great looking bikes , i built the frame pipes controls bars just about all the bike 8) kepe up the good work 8) 8)

Attachments

• IMAG0347.jpg
    IMAG0347.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 287
  • IMAG0376.jpg
    IMAG0376.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 291
  • IMAG0547.jpg
    IMAG0547.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 306
bobbed to the bone said:
give the man a brake ::) y the fuck dont somone get you off thes sites your bad news .you fink you are the one ,but your just a joke man ,do you build bikes or just kill topics for a job as all you do is sit at your pc all the time ??? your a fucking no good wanker .please ban the fucker 8)

Awesome.

bobbed to the bone said:
sory for the rant mate the xs looks great 8) i built one a bit back now .great looking bikes , i built the frame pipes controls bars just about all the bike 8) kepe up the good work 8) 8)

That XS is badass!!!!!

TheMainMuel said:
Wow, bike looks great man! With so many people building xs650's, it can be hard to find one with it's own style. But you've done it. I love the rust for sure. If there is a way to preserve it in it's current state (like a flat clear) I would go for it.

JustinLonghorn said:
I can definitely dig it, sir. Good on ya, mate.

bobbed to the bone said:

Thanks for the great feedback gents, much appreciated!

Bobbed to the bone, your bike is amazing!

Cheers

Steve

http://inmotionphotogxs650.blogspot.com.au/

sinbad85 said:
did u get that harmonic balancer for the truck yet??

i wanted to show you what i found in grandpas garage........
imagine using this as a suicide shifter

IMG_0740.jpg

kinda appropriate for your build

James, it's been great meeting you at recent SCR events. Your bikes is really coming along extremely well, in fact, the new lady prefers your over mine, especially the design of your seat.

And yep, that hammer is fucking awesome!

Cheers

Steve

Monday, 15 October 2012 - Clean sweep!

After having to put the build on hold for way too long, I finally had the opportunity to order some engine parts from MikesXS and made some inquiries into purchasing some headers.

With all of the positive talk about Gordon Scott Engineering on the XS650 boards that I visit, the choice was obvious. I wanted to deal with a professional outfit that were XS650 friendly, as well as eliminate the need to disassemble and re-assemble the bike to get it in and out of the second story apartment to get pipes made by a local shop. My time and effort would have been much more than the great deal I received.

As it turned out Scott actually already had a product that was close to what I required.I did however feel that they were not going to be a straight fitment, which lead me to take some shots and measurements which I sent with a quote request.

As it turned out Scott was very quick to respond to my inquiry, and very helpful when it came to pricing up my custom headers.

Here's some pics of my measurement technique, which called for the nearest broom handle to be shoved into the muffler. I chose this novel approach as I suspected it would be the best way to visualize what I required with my header design.

1 copy

2 copy

3 copy

4 copy

5 copy

6 copy

7 copy

8 copy

10 copy

11 copy

12 copy

13 copy

14 copy

15 copy

16 copy

DSC_0041_1 copy

DSC_0039_1 copy

DSC_0035_1 copy

DSC_0034_1 copy

DSC_0033_1 copy

DSC_0043_1 copy

Cheers

Steve

Wednesday, 24 October 2012 - Heading in the right direction!

After a couple of emails checking on some measurements, Scott at Gordon Scott Engineering has already completed my custom headers!

He sent through some teaser pics prior to shipping. So far they certainly look the goods!

Hopefully they'll fit right up without too much fiddling around.

Untitled c

Untitled b

Untitled a

Cheers

Steve

Friday, 26 October 2012 - Just because

Heading out to work the other day, I just couldn't resist taking a pic with the morning sun peaking through the window.

I took this shot mainly as a reminder that I've got to pull my finger out of my ass and get it completed sooner rather than later!

photo

Cheers

Steve

Still looking great. That said... Really think about some different tires. Those Firestones are bunk on the street man. I agree that they look good, but after running them (they came on the bike) on my old XS chop... They suck. No real grip. No performance.

Wednesday, 14 November 2012 - What a breeze!

A couple of days ago, the package that I was really looking forward to finally made it into my hot little hands.

The custom bent exhaust headers from Gordon Scott Engineering had arrived and looked amazing. The best thing about them was that they fit perfectly, straight away, with absolutely no modifications required.

Scott did a brilliant job of turning my pictures and measurements into reality. He was so easy to deal with and a genuinely great asset to the XS650 community.

Thanks Scott!

Untitled_HDR2 b by inmotionphotography, on Flickr

Untitled_HDR2 by inmotionphotography, on Flickr

Untitled_HDR2 by inmotionphotography, on Flickr

Untitled_HDR2 copy by inmotionphotography, on Flickr

Cheers

Steve

I am surprised that I have not seen this build till now. Great work thus far on the bike and also the numerous amount of pictures. Keep it up man!

looking VERY nice bro!

it looks complete!
what else do you have to do now?

and are those pipes mild?and are coated? ceramic??
whatchooogotgoininthere???

Back
Top Bottom