Running CB500 carbs on a CB550

My guess is yes with compensating for the extra fuel the displacement would require. Even more if not stock i.e. Pods and exhaust

They're racked carbs. The holes would have to line up, or you have to make a custom rack.

i have a set of 550 carbs on my 500 so no reason why iot would not work the other way that i know of

but you will need to rejet

What do you mean the holes would have to line up? So rejetting should be ok for use? Any suggestions where's to start with a 4 into 1 exhaust with an emgo cone muffler and uni pods

SOunds like cxman is confirming that they line up. The carbs are on a rack, so the carbs are spaced according to where the intakes line up. The two motors would need to be the same to swap carbs.

Ordering 120 and 130 mains and 40 slows. Will set stock Cb500f float height. Was checking SOHC apparently these 500 and 550 carbs are pretty similar set up stock so hoping this isn't a big deal to do. Someone stop me if it is. Running uni pods and a canister 4 into 1 exhaust with an emgo cone muffler welded on. I'm open to any suggestions or anyone's two cents

I believe a 76' CB550K would have 022A carbs, which are essentially exactly the same as the 627B's, but with some slightly different settings which can be altered. The brass hardware can be switched between, and should fit up as normal.
The table below might be of some help.

Attachments

• 550carbid.jpg
    550carbid.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 396
Are the correct carbs that hard to find?
Seems like a lot of work to set up, for no real reason.

I'm doing this for someone..so it's not really up to me. The carbs would have to be jetted regardless so I guess I would have to do it with 550 or 500 carbs. Just making sure that the swap is ok

Back
Top Bottom