GL1000 stuff

pidjones

Over 1,000 Posts
Just by chance, if one of you is stripping down a '78 or '79 GoldWing - I need the front badge that goes over the brake splitter. Actually, I just need the badge saying HONDA, I have the rest. Also need the chrome grab-bar that goes around the back of the seat.

Trying to do a semi-faithful restore on a '79. I just don't see many, and suspect not that many built or sold since it was the last of the 1000s.

I'll look. I had two 79s pass through in the last 10 years. I know I have the factory air cleaner canister thing. I might have the nameplate you need.

Not sure if this is GL1000 or later CB750. Decent but certainly not museum quality. The mounting holes are approximately 7 inches center to center. The badge curves on each side with the holes near the chrome edge slightly off center. Your's if you want it, just PM your address.

Attachments

• Nameplate.jpg
    Nameplate.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 570
All I've found so far is a beat up cx500 one....I swear I had one off the wing...will keep looking...it may be in storage somewhere...

cbrianroll said:
All I've found so far is a beat up cx500 one....I swear I had one off the wing...will keep looking...it may be in storage somewhere...
Rider52 found one and is shipping it to me. Thanks anyway. However, if you ever find one of those passenger grab bars, I'd really like to have one!

Back
Top Bottom