Who are we ???? - Cafe Racers

I'm making a list guys - all duly noted.

I'll leave it at 75 for now, just to make certain the order progresses without problems. That will also give me the skinny on what the oncosts are for Duty / VAT / Freight.

ONCE I've done business with this company they will turn orders around in 7 -10 days. Allow a further 7-10 days for shipping / customs etc.

BTW - enquired at an old supplier I used in the 70's and 80's - they want £4.95 [ $15 ? ] at 250 off ! No wonder the UK / Europe is not able to compete with the "emerging" Nations.

The initial order of 50 completed, just waiting for the "odd" 25 and then they should be on the way withing a couple of weeks - just in time for Christmas !! 8)

BTW - Monza caps also getting closer .............

That's it then. All 75 made [ by hand ! 8) ] and paid for. The order should be leaving in the next 2 days.

I'm anticipating a week to get here and maybe 5 days for customs clearance etc.

35 are now pre-sold and there's interest from a couple of dealers. ;D

th_KGrHqNh0E-jEcunpBPvZ1OBv5Q60_12_zpsf0a721bf.jpg

Just had a call from customs today - the parcel has arrived and will be delivered tomorrow. The duty / tax will be calculated and I should have that Tuesday latest. Once I add all that together we'll have a price !

They sent me a single sample by letter - no customs implications. Absolutely superb !

They've also included some samples of other items in the parcel [?].

I have a note of everyone who has asked for pins to date. Let me know if there is any interest. I'll have final prices and including the cost to send to the US / Canada by Wednesday. 8)

Two of each, pin and patch. PM me off site for payment details

GENTLEMEN,

I'll have final prices for you all on Tuesday after I get the dreaded customs duty and VAT tax invoice.

Will come in under the original estimate anyway.

Some of you have said - "I'll take a few" ................................ Just to be certain, can you all pm me with your requirements please. I'll post up the costs and post - which should be the same up to 2 of each or 4 pins.

EVEN if you have contacted me already. Looks like about 35 pins to date and 10 RAM patches have been pre-sold.

ANYONE who has already contacted me will get supplies before I offer them to the general public. Not many left anyway from the first batch, and several dealers have shown interest.

Paypal good for everyone ? Simple on exchange rates and instant.

Here it is then chaps .................

Cafe Racer Pins £4.50 [ approx $7.16 ] UK retail price is £5.50
RAM patches £2.75 [ approx. $4.37 ] UK retail price is £4.25

Postage up to 2 of each £2.50 [ approx. $3.98 ].

I have requests from 15 of you for singles and multiples. I have had confirmation from 4 of you so far.

Simplest way to do this is Paypal to my account - type in the UK GBP amount - eg £7.00 - and Paypal automatically does the conversion calculation.

Paypal account vonheyda@hotmail.co.uk. please note this account does NOT have the hyphen between von and heyda as in my text mail address.

Don't forget to let me have your post mailing address.

I'll post up better pix of some of the items folk have expressed an interest in from the samples I had sent.

DWMS Racing doesn't currently hold stock on these. I'm shipping out direct from the UK at the moment.

Postage to the US and Canada is currently £2.50.

The simplest way is to add up all the GPB Sterling amounts and pay via Paypal. They do the conversions for you and let you know what you paid in dollars.

I have 22 left - that's assuming those [ 25 guys ] that expressed an interest take up their orders.

There's suddenly a lot of interest here in the UK, so I'll probably be ordering another 100 or so, along with some of the patches.

There are 11 of the original "orders" I received for pins / patches which have not been confirmed / paid for.

I'll leave it until after the weekend and then start selling off to UK customers who are waiting.

TJ, sorry, with Thanksgiving, this fell off my radar. Didn't mean to leave you hanging. Paypal sent

BLSully said:
TJ, sorry, with Thanksgiving, this fell off my radar. Didn't mean to leave you hanging. Paypal sent

Hey - not a dig at ANYBODY - just want to give the folk that expressed an interest first dibs on the remaining stock. I will re-order, but I don't expect to get the new order in until the New Year.

Not directly related to cafe racer's, though some may have used one, also more for older riders in the UK. Does anyone remember a device that fitted on ones helmet that resembled a clearview screen. It had vanes around the edge, rotated while driving and was supposed to throw water off, giving a "clear view" of the road .
The things one remembers as you age.

Indeed I do ..... the "Turbo Visor".

I even knew one or 2 of the guys that actually bought them. ::)

They did work - if you could stand the racket, but the main problem was that when it wasn't raining they were a pain in the arse and folk would move them up out of the eyeline ............. then they'd act like a helicopter and you'd never see them again - at least not in one piece.

TURBOVISORAD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom