My lil Gem of a 1972 LS2 !!!

are they the going back together pictures haha. man that bike is nice if it were mine i would JUST clean it new paint could kill the value to a collector

Yea bud im really torn on what i want to do and what i should do to it ! Think the plan now is to redo the frame black and replace old bolts and nuts . Thought about sending the cylinders over to you for some lovin kind of make it a sleeper LOL Looks all stock but..... Then again i agree on keeping it stock also ..... will see as i go along as i can be as bad as a 5 th grade school boy looking at his first naked teacher and asking her " Which hole do i stick it in " ::)

Anyone know a good way or what to use to get alum hubs to look factory correct or close to it ? Ive tried lil #000 steel wool but it seemed to start to give it a polished look and from what i have found there more a flat look ?

LS23.png

The hubs are close just not perfect !

Spent the weekend on pulling it all apart and labeling everything . First thing that will be done is the frame but wanted to show some of the part as i pulled them off the bike . Nothing has been cleaned or wiped off these are how the looked .......
lsbones-1.png

ls2311.jpg

ls2345.png

ls234.jpg

ls2122.jpg

So spent some time in the shop last night and started to clean parts. Im only going to replace nuts and bolts that cant be cleaned to new . Here are some of the parts befor and after .....
LS1231.jpg

LS921.jpg

LS23456.jpg

ls432.png

LS243u2.jpg

Im going thru everything first to clean and repaint if needed. Then once everything is done will start to rebuild !!!!

Been going thru everything and cleaning,cleaning,cleaning lol This weekend the frame gets blasted on the bad parts and made ready to paint .

Befor:
LSparts.jpg

After:
LSpart.jpg

Spent the weekend cleaning the wheels with #000 steelwool . Dont think they came out to shiny which is what i wanted as stock was that way. The center of the wheels are a flat alum with no shine at all so just cleaned them and left them alone. The spokes are good with what looks like some stain but still cleaned up and will keep them. As i said befor i dont want to replace anything i dont need to ..... Going to blast the frame and swinger after work today so next will be repainting it and start to rebuild ....
LSwheel.jpg

LSwheeel.jpg

That's looking sweet. You'll probably find they'll dull a little over a couple of months anyway. As long as they're kept clean, as opposed to polished, will probably look pretty close to stock in no time. Looking killer DreadRock.

Frame and swingarm blasted only in spots where there was rust . Going to do light sanding over it all then setup to paint !
LSblast.jpg

Spent some time out in the shop and finished cleaning the frame and swingarm . Have a few more parts to clean up and paint and should start rebuilding it sometime this week !!!
LSpaintedframe.jpg

Wow Scott. Looking great. I hope to get a few hours with the cx today. Happy new year. Bike is looking better than the day it rolled off the assembly line!

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Mike same to you and your family sir !

Didnt do much over the weekend so cleaned a few parts.....
Befor:
LS9933_zpsea2c61e2.jpg

After:
LS9911_zps5162269a.jpg

Befor:
LS9922_zps969ef7dd.jpg

After:
LS99_zps37561ccb.jpg

Befor:
LS999_zpsc894733e.jpg

After:
LS998_zps08c25f98.jpg