My lil Gem of a 1972 LS2 !!!

Wow I cleaned some parts too but they didnt turn out like those did!

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

This is pretty cool. If you'd have told me I'd be anticipating the re-build of a 100cc 2-stroke I wouldn't have believed it; but here I am waiting on the next installment!

Maritime said:
Wow I cleaned some parts too but they didnt turn out like those did!

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks mike it can be a sickness LOL

rundown said:
This is pretty cool. If you'd have told me I'd be anticipating the re-build of a 100cc 2-stroke I wouldn't have believed it; but here I am waiting on the next installment!

Well no need to keep you waiting sir here you go ....

Got the motor back in and bolted back up and the battery box mounted ! Now its time to move onto putting the wiring harrness back in which i will say should be no problem. I had help with the XS wiring but things on that got moved around and new parts added and this is just putting it back in . Did retape it and fixed a few wires that looked to be trouble so today will start hooking it back up . Next will be cleaning the pipes up amd mounting them . Somewhere down the road will be looking for lil cooler chambers but for now stockers will do !!!!

LS9999.jpg

LS9991.jpg

Have to say also this will be a rider not perfect but clean !!!!

Did lil more work over the weekend ! Got the bike 85% rewired and cleaned the pipes .....
pipesbefor.jpg

pipesdone.jpg

tail.jpg

bikewired.jpg

Hey Man, This is a sweet Build !

I am restoring a 72 LS2 as well, any suggestions on where to sight some parts for these things ?

A little nostalgia. DEX305W

This registration was first registered during the period August 1980 to July 1981.

The registration was first registered in Norwich.

If you are using this plate as a private registration, you can only assign it to a vehicle with a W registration or newer, one that was originally registered after the 1st of August 1980.

stephenf4563 said:
Hey Man, This is a sweet Build !

I am restoring a 72 LS2 as well, any suggestions on where to sight some parts for these things ?

Well theres alot on Flee bay but have a lot of luck with ( speed@sport.com or NWvintage.com ) Also jump on 2strokeworld lot of good info there !!!!!

Tripler said:
A little nostalgia. DEX305W

This registration was first registered during the period August 1980 to July 1981.

The registration was first registered in Norwich.

If you are using this plate as a private registration, you can only assign it to a vehicle with a W registration or newer, one that was originally registered after the 1st of August 1980.

You know at first was thinking what in the world are you talking about and maybe your on the wrong thread ! Then it hit me about the plate hanging in the background LOL
Very cool info i didnt know ! The plate my dad picked up someplace as he was into old British cars and and if you look around my shop theres hints of it everywhere ! When he passed away i hung all his stuff up to remind me that what someone thinks is old and beat up can be remade like new with time and will power !!!!

what in the world are you talking about

Just making sure you are paying attention to the little details. ;)

Lil more work on the lil Gem this weekend ......

Got the airbox all cleaned and repainted and got tank back on .....

LSairbox.jpg

LSLS.jpg

Did find a small problem but didnt get much into as started messing with my other build ....

petcockLS.jpg

Took some time to clean up the rear fender and remounted tail light . Found this Alum blast paint so gave it a shot on the rear tail light mount . Got the rear fender mount back up and rest of the wiring is done. Dont have to much more but for the money parts which will take lil long as need brake lines for other build and that needs to get done first.....

LSpaint.jpg

tailmount.jpg

lstail.jpg

Back
Top Bottom