Starting a 82 honda 750 v45

One trick I just learned is to fire it up with no plugs in the first time...just the starter to build up oil pressure in the empty motor. Turn it over for 20-30 sec and then put the plugs in. Then fire it for real. Worked for me.

kauai1800 said:
One trick I just learned is to fire it up with no plugs in the first time...just the starter to build up oil pressure in the empty motor. Turn it over for 20-30 sec and then put the plugs in. Then fire it for real. Worked for me.

I've done this as well. Works great for getting oil to all the places it should be before you actually fire it up. Did you get your wires sorted?

Got wires sorted and fuel pump is working. She fired up yesterday afternoon. It's a new breath of life! Exauhst pipes are off and she blew 2 lbs of rats nest out of the pipes. First time that bike had ran in 20 years!

Here is some pics of the junk

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    446.8 KB · Views: 258
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    883.5 KB · Views: 252
Thanks guys! I still have to rebuild the clutch slave and clear the front brake lines. Maybe a flasher for the turn signals and tach not working so some tinkering to do yet but she fires that's the big hurdle.I think I can find one of these flashers at autoZone right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 256
Starting to come together. Can't wait to get the clutch slave rebuilt an front brakes finished, a sync and should be off!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363147130.335415.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363147130.335415.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 670
nevermind. Probably didnt need the three wire. the third wire on the magna is a ground. not needed for the new flasher.

Well tore the clutch slave apart and wow!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363315891.222908.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363315891.222908.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 486
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363315865.006502.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363315865.006502.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 438
Is this supposed to be soft rubber gasket

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363315962.828375.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363315962.828375.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 600
Not that I can remember, but I only pulled one of those a part a while back and truly wouldn't remember. If you are worried, put some yamabond on both sides and call it a day. NOT RTV...that crap should be nowhere near a motorbike. That one is just so water and dirt is kept out, not to keep fluid in.

Well got the brakes back together and bleed. Great lever. I have an 81 kz1000 amd its lever is nothing like this honda (rock hard). Put the clutch slave back togerther and i have a slight resistance all the way thru. Is that how it is supposed to be? when i turn the key on its in neutral and i can shift to second but not first. is this right? im thinking a test ride not sure what to do?

Have you never had a hydraulic clutch? (not a negative question, just asking ;))

You pulled the puck out of the clutch slave correct? (like cleaning a brake caliper when you pop the pistons out to clean under them/replace seals) Again, not trying to insult your intelligence. Here's some pics of when I did it on a Super Magna last summer. You have to make sure the inside is CLEAN as can be. I dunked the piston in brake fluid before I put it back in too...I know the brake rebuild grease is better...but here it is, works great. There should of course be some resistance as you should be pushing the rod into the clutch plates. Next step could be breaking the plates free, as they may have stuck them selves together over the time they sat. Usually just running the bike for a bit will get a "slightly" stuck set to let go. Holding the clutch in, and putting it in gear will also help with this (still hold the clutch lever)

Attachments

• slavepic1.jpg
    slavepic1.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 256
  • slavepic2.jpg
    slavepic2.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 258
  • slavepic3.jpg
    slavepic3.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 262
  • slavepic4.jpg
    slavepic4.jpg