CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Hey, I'm getting that snow here in Michigan after you're done with it! Feel free to keep as much of it as you'd like, we really don't need it all...

read all 53 pages today, so I'm up to date. Carbs are being loaded on an airplane somewhere as I speak for some magic massaging. Took a while to get out of the driveway (also in Michigan). And now I'm subbed ;)

I'm a bit late to the polar vortex party, but it seems apt since our high today was 7F

9q9PTRl.jpg

Cool - pun intended ;D
Been raining for last couple of days (or maybe weeks?) Been doing a little machining to get caught up with stuff I should have done months ago, need to make some stainless steel 7x1mm bolts for Betor forks (or something) couple of stainless inserts, fork brace, fork stop, and few other things.
Finish off new design rotors to hold magnet for ignition, oh yea, got court date for back and arm injuries

Hilarious! thats my freakin house! spooning right there betwixt -32 and -29

9q9PTRl_zps3de8d5b5.jpg

af27d05ff64bca7a1a0fd61733fcfdf8_zpsd7105fcf.jpg
[/URL]

That's too cold for me to deal with, even 26~28 is really noticeable on my back, 70- degree's colder than where I am now would be real painful

crazypj said:
That's too cold for me to deal with, even 26~28 is really noticeable on my back, 70- degree's colder than where I am now would be real painful

Should of had heated pins and plates installed.... 8) 8) 8)

Making parts. ;D
Doing an actual batch of 20 starter plugs, never been able to stand long enough to make more than 2~3 previously
Back still aching but not too bad after another Tramadol, etc
Going to time everything and see if there is any advantage in batch production (doesn't look like it at the minute :( )
Going to drill, tap and mill tomorrow, should be all finished by tea time 8)

My Irish grandma used to feed me toast and/or homemade french fries and tea after school. Good memories :)

I saw a project on DTT to convert a Dynatek Dyna S for use on a 360 - the guy moved the pickups to 90 degrees offset from each other, and set a magnet into a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe as the rotor. I'm headed to a swap meet this Sunday, so if I have any luck finding one cheap I'll see what I can fab up.

PJ, you might be able to make some $$$ fabbing a new 360 points plate to convert the Dyna modules to work with the 360. Might be something to think about as you and Sonrier work on your points elimination system - maybe kind of an intermediate step as you folks develop the new system.

Not impressed with Dyna, they can't taker the heat and vibration of 360. Brendon is back on points for the last 6 months or so, only got a few hundred miles out of Dyna
I've had to shelve the ignition for a while, other stuff (life) is getting in the way :(

Well crap, that's unfortunate the Dynas don't hold up. I figured if they could stand up to the vibration of a Harley, they could stand up to anything ;D

I'm sorry to hear that life is getting in the way of fun stuff. Hopefully that stuff will work itself out...

Worst cb650 ever said:
Well crap, that's unfortunate the Dynas don't hold up. I figured if they could stand up to the vibration of a Harley, they could stand up to anything ;D

I'm sorry to hear that life is getting in the way of fun stuff. Hopefully that stuff will work itself out...

Different frequency of vibration..by the time a Harley is running out of RPM, the 360 is just starting to move....Heck, a 360 doesn't make any real power until 5000 RPM and up.... Pretty much double the frequency of a Harley.

Good point. It's annoying that what should be a damn near indestructible solid state device is so vulnerable. We'll have to see what Sonreir and PJ whip up ;D

Damn this is not what I want to hear. I have just finished putting a dyna system on my gs.

I think you're a lot safer with a 4 cylinder 750 that with one of our buzzy little 2 cylinder 360s. As Mydlyfkryzis said, you have to rev the piss out of them to make power, and you do get a free "massage" along the way.

I'm still going to dig around for them and whatever other neat junk I can find at today's swap meet. I might be able to use them on a later project or get them to folks who can use them. I swear I probably saw half a dozen of them at the last swap meet I was at and didn't even think about what I was looking at. Ah well.

CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

I have A 750 and a 360. The 750 is a WHOLE lot smoother than the 360.

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

The fours mount ignition on crank, 360 is on head so gets real 'warm' Pretty sure it's the heat that 'kills' them, temp regularly gets over 250f

Back
Top Bottom