NEW MEMBERS - Read this - I'm sorry, but c'mon people.

Re: I'm sorry, but c'mon people.

VonYinzer said:
Again, I'm not trying to stick it to anyone. I'm just bugged by the amount of arrogance and attitude in this little world we all are part of.

Let's all be cool man. Lets figure shot out ourselves and still be willing to admit defeat, even if its only for a moment. None of us are special. Were all in the same sinking boat. We juat all happened to pick the same life raft.

I'm just curious about the premise of all this? In my experience, Those that haven't figured it out do a lot of "talking" and those that have, Don't say.....

eoghan said:
I'm just curious about the premise of all this? In my experience, Those that haven't figured it out do a lot of "talking" and those that have, Don't say.....

That's not completely untrue but like all such sayings, there are always exceptions.

eoghan said:

I just talk too much. Ignore me. :)

Thanks for the post Von. In all truthfulness my excitement for the people and the site was almost tainted and destroyed by a single individual. In their attempt to give "constructive criticism" based on their experience level and background they decided to refer to my project as a nice "art project". Not a good way to be helpful by starting off bashing anothers hard work. Being scorpio I tend to get slighted easily. I'm working on that, but the point is your thread here opens my eyes to the greater community that DTT has. To take the advice given and overlook the snide comments included. I wish to thank you and all the members who have commented here for reaffirming my faith in the site/individuals. I look forward to many continued discussions with all and even more so the personal interaction gained from meeting up with some of you at the rallies and events.

KZsAll said:
In all truthfulness my excitement for the people and the site was almost tainted and destroyed by a single individual. In their attempt to give "constructive criticism" based on their experience level and background they decided to refer to my project as a nice "art project". Not a good way to be helpful by starting off bashing anothers hard work.
Sounds like you got "Swiveled". Yea, he was a legend in his own mind. Thankfully, he's no longer a nuisance.

Redbird said:
Sounds like you got "Swiveled". Yea, he was a legend in his own mind. Thankfully, he's no longer a nuisance.

Didn't we all! haha Ahh i'm sure he meant well.

First forum i've ever been a part of so not really aware of the whole 'get out noob' thing. But I will say, I started out knowing literally shit all, and now know practically the same. But managed to get as far a I have in my project by asking DTT and you always respond with concise and useful help and advice.

Get the whole community 'vibe' just by sitting in the chatbox for 15 minutes in the morning. I may know none of you in person, and havent been an active member particularly long, but that doesn't stop you having some decent chats with me about stuff and finding out info about where everyone is from etc.

This place better not change else there will be trouble! haha

Redbird said:
no no he said experience. swivel may have googled the word "experience" once but that it

Green199 said:
doesn't stop you having some decent chats with me about stuff and finding out info

Yeah, well, we all like to be know-it-all's.

Thing is, people who think they know everything annoy the shit out of those of us who really do. <G>

AlphaDogChoppers said:
Thing is, people who think they know everything annoy the shit out of those of us who really do. <G>

You steal that off a tshirt you saw in WalMart? ;)

See....I knew eventually they'd find a job you're qualified for! ;)

Laughing my ass off at the video!

Just looked at a few hundred threads haha we could take one picture of a bcr dime city built honda and photo shop in the different colors and build 80% on these bike bravo kids way to set yourself apart from the crowd. we could rename botm to credit card payment next month.

KZsAll said:
Thanks for the post Von. In all truthfulness my excitement for the people and the site was almost tainted and destroyed by a single individual. In their attempt to give "constructive criticism" based on their experience level and background they decided to refer to my project as a nice "art project". Not a good way to be helpful by starting off bashing anothers hard work. Being scorpio I tend to get slighted easily. I'm working on that, but the point is your thread here opens my eyes to the greater community that DTT has. To take the advice given and overlook the snide comments included. I wish to thank you and all the members who have commented here for reaffirming my faith in the site/individuals. I look forward to many continued discussions with all and even more so the personal interaction gained from meeting up with some of you at the rallies and events.

i can dig that...

VonYinzer said:
You can't do it all. Nobody can.

That is a bad attitude. Look at Mr. Britten from down under who really did make a motorcycle from scratch. I have been paid professionally to bend pipe, do electrical work, run machine tools paint and weld. Anyone can learn to do all that stuff if they want to. Motorcycles are very simple machines that anyone can learn to repair or build from scratch. The only limitation might be space or money. I don't have the room for specialized machine tools like a crank grinding machine, and since that sort of work is rarely needed I am willing to farm that out. Building up roller cranks and balancing single and twin cylinder cranks can be easily and competently done at home with very simple tools. Look at Bert Munro who made his own pistons at home etc..

You can do anything as far as motorcycles go for sure. It may not be practical to, but if there is the will then there is a way.

NortonGuy said:
Anyone can learn to do all that stuff if they want to.

That's not really true. There has to be an innate aptitude for some things.

In addition, a desire to be better.

I cannot draw a picture. I try, but it doesn't seem to work. I know artist who can draw, but I would never even try to show them how to use a mill file, never mind a lathe.

Those skills, altitudes, are not exclusive , and many people have a variety of skills, but there has to be an innate aptitude. I compare this to color blindness. Some people see more colors than others training won't help. Machinery repair is something that has to be wired in your head. You have some, a lot, or even none

When you meet someone who has a lot if it, you know it. You can tell by some of the questions asked, that some have nearly none.

It isn't a lack of experience I am talking about either, it's the lack of the ability to understand the logic of machinery.

Ces't la vie, I like that we all don't have the same skills. My son can't figure out how to use a ratchet wrench, despite constant instruction, but calculus is easy for him. He tells me he is getting a high paying job so he can hire someone to change his oil.

You can try to do anything, but try to recognize your strength and weakness'.

Sent from planet Earth using mysterious electronic devices and Tapatalk

mydlyfkryzis said:
That's not really true. There has to be an innate aptitude for some things.

Totally true. I have even told a few new members of the forum that maybe they need a different hobby when it becomes apparent that they don't have the innate mechanical aptitude to do what they are attempting. They buy a basket case in boxes with a seized engine and think that they can just "learn by doing" without even having the common sense to start out by getting a service manual. Oh, and they are doing it in their bedroom and don't have any tools. <G>

I've known guys whose mechanical aptitude was so poor, that they would struggle to hang a picture on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom