Motorcycle Engine in a Golf Cart

roadracer41

I know you guys and gals love unique, so here ya go...

I've been thinking about better ways to get around the racetrack, and thought about this : a Kawasaki KLR 650 single cylinder motor in a golf cart. It's going to be designed and built by high school students at a technical school here in town. No better way to learn about machining than a hands on project, right?

So far, I've taken the batteries and most of the electrics out. Next step is strengthening the frame and building a rear axle.

Colin

A buddy of mine built one with an FZ600 engine. I'll have to see if I can find some pics.

Sounds awesome. I'm always pissed when I drive my golf cart because it tops out at 13 mph.
Although they do tip over very easily so speed could indeed be dangerous.

I want to drive it when you're done haha

SONICJK said:
Sounds awesome. I'm always pissed when I drive my golf cart because it tops out at 13 mph.
Although they do tip over very easily so speed could indeed be dangerous.

I want to drive it when you're done haha

I hate the carts at the courses. I race motorcycles, so I just wanna I faster!

If ya make it to Huntsville this summer, you can have a go!

Colin

Hey Huntsville isnt far at all 8)

I got kicked out of a course once for bungee cording the governor on the golf cart open. APPARENTLY they frown upon WOT until the thing sounds like its going to explode.

R1 engine in a cart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apd1KBjLV8k

Hmmm I do have a spare 350f engine sitting at home... But I was thinking of making it a lump for a small wooden runabout boat.. I'll flip a coin when the time comes haha!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

As it sits today. (Hopefully) going to pull the rear end out tomorrow.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363061042.824795.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363061042.824795.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,494
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363061055.556129.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363061055.556129.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,643
My Buddy in texas has a Golf Cart with a CBR600f4i motor in it... Ive done well over 100 in it. Thing is awesome in the pits at the races

dakine_surf said:
My Buddy in texas has a Golf Cart with a CBR600f4i motor in it... Ive done well over 100 in it. Thing is awesome in the pits at the races

I wanted to do it with a Kawasaki ZRX 1100 motor, but dad said no. I was looking forward to 100+

Colin

Here's the guy from Classy Carts that runs with the Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Cars on occasion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NM8WrPpOCY

Back
Top Bottom