CB360 project

I would strongly recommend against using the wire brushed fasteners without using a protective coating on them if you care about their appearance in the short term. They will corrode very quickly with red rust. Look at the Caswell website for simply to apply electrocoatings or try the easy black oxide kit from Eastwood.

I ended up removing and coating the case bolts with some Eastwood diamond clear that I had left from another project. I also got the cam installed. After reading a lot about making sure the cam is aligned, I was a little afraid. But it ended up being a lot easier than I thought.

defc78f18f84b4a0b8e885229539846d.jpg

The oil filter tool definitely came in handy as I was able to use it to hold the crank and cam from spinning while torquing down the cam gear bolts

58a34cad4f8111efb956e7e81e1bdfac.jpg

I also got an early Christmas present. New k&n filters!

7e12d893c024a9b4b683f0550c72a5dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you see K&N next to cheap pods you see why I like them Look at any pics of bikes with cheap pods and the K&N size difference is obvious
They don't 'dwarf' the carbs but do give loads more airflow 8)
The only downside is you have to relocate the battery

crazypj said:
When you see K&N next to cheap pods you see why I like them Look at any pics of bikes with cheap pods and the K&N size difference is obvious
They don't 'dwarf' the carbs but do give loads more airflow 8)
The only downside is you have to relocate the battery

I like those K&Ns best.

Comparing w my O2 sensor, Below 6000 rpm those K&Ns perform virtually the same as my clean NOS filters.

However, really shine 6K and up, they do let her breathe better than stock. 8)

W the mufflers I got, I can even hear a difference in the exhaust note. Building rpms a bit faster, for better acceleration.

Do you guys notice any issue with off center air flow from the shape of these filters? PJ, I'll be sending you my carbs soon if you're still offering the magic carb service for these babies.

thrillseeker said:
Do you guys notice any issue with off center air flow from the shape of these filters?

Never even crossed my mind to mess w that...but then i dont think i have the clearance above to flip them upside down.

It doesn't seem to matter how they are fitted, the airflow is slightly disrupted but so much better than stock it's always an overall improvement.
Still doing carbs, it's my hobby 8)

Is this the stock shock length?

thrillseeker said:
I got a surprise in the mail today so I had to do some test fitting. 13.25" hagon shocks from Dave Quinn Motorcycles. These should give me the clearance I need for the electronics tray.

dd207eb5b97312964d23bdaddcb10567.jpg

8159e5e0f7cdf26ffcc03648bac81f55.jpg

In the second picture you can see how I decided to secure the battery. Made a couple hooks, welded them on, and found a use for a rubber strap that's been sitting around. Trimmed it and put a hole in each end.

This is a special build! Very nice! So someone said that the performance boost is not proporsionate to the displacement increase. Is it a big jump? And why is that?

Yeah apparently the cb360 responds really well to an increase in displacement. I think it is largely due to the oversized intake ports from the factory. The increase in displacement better utilizes the intake port size. That's what I've gathered from a lot of the stuff I've read from the great contributors here. I'm sure some of the other guys here could explain better than me though.

There were a couple for sale in the fs section on this site. They may be available still

Edit: sorry I just looked and they're sold.

I have 2 more from the set I bought but don't want to part with them until I make sure the ones in now are working well. That may be a few months

I've been busy lately with a freelance project and selling my house but I got a little work done the past couple weeks. I figured out what i want to do as far as a tail light and license plate configuration. I wanted something as simple as possible so I went with a led bar with integrated turn signals. If it doesn't pass inspection I can just add my other signals and then take them back off. I built a bracket that will allow me to easily swap and remove the light without messing with the frame. The light is 3m adhesive backed but I can see that slowly pealing up over time so my bracket allows me to have a little zip tie at each end to prevent that. My welding still needs a good bit of help but it'll hold up and it's not visible. The bracket isn't the most solid thing in the world but it's not holding much weight so I think it will hold up well. Time will tell though.

266af4e8ef2249fa20aeb65a30d603f5.jpg

e5a964d63739229305e91aafdabf7806.jpg

1e8951c5983d2b3348a02c8d4e975b3f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom