1969 CL350 Brat Build

i'll post some more pictures, frame is almost ready for paint. Tank is just about done with getting filled and block sanded. Got my piston rings and waiting for my gasket kit to reassemble to motor!

Frame is painted....BOOM!

Attachments

• IMG_1453[1].JPG
    IMG_1453[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 392
Paint has to fully cure 3-4 days, then i'll start building my roller.

The motor is just waiting on my gasket kit and cam chain tensioner rollers then i'll be ready to put the top end back on.

If you are planning to rebuild forks (seals)...I am definitely interested to see many good pics. BTW new correct seals are available from your local honda shop and pretty inexpensive. Also,you can pick up bearings, pads and brake cable from DCC.

I'll take some good pics of the fork rebuild, these are really simple. For seals, I'm using the all balls fork seals. I used them on my 360 and they were really nice.

trek97 said:
If you are planning to rebuild forks (seals)...I am definitely interested to see many good pics. BTW new correct seals are available from your local honda shop and pretty inexpensive. Also,you can pick up bearings, pads and brake cable from DCC.

So do I, looks freaking sweet. I've been trying to sew my own onto a skateboard all week, the results are less than ideal... ::)

Put my bench polisher to work on the top triple tree. Best buy from harbor freight ever!

Attachments

• IMG_1457[1].JPG
    IMG_1457[1].JPG
    970.9 KB · Views: 366
got the motor painted, now just waiting on a couple item before i can reassemble it

Attachments

• IMG_1462.JPG
    IMG_1462.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 373
That wheel and buffing compounds are my favorite buys from HF too, they have a bristle wheel that takes off paint like a champ and is really useful

I tried the harbor freight polish and ended up with some from lowes. I wet sanded the triple with some 320 grit then did the aggressive compound and then the finer compound. It's not perfect but i'm happy with it. This bike is being build to be riden.

MatthiasSalzburg said:
Are you using Harbor Freight polish compound as well? Did you sand that upper triple before polishing?

innovativems said:
I'll take some good pics of the fork rebuild, these are really simple. For seals, I'm using the all balls fork seals. I used them on my 360 and they were really nice.
My 69 CL350 fork lowers have phillips head bolts holding them together, did your have the same...or allen heads? If they were phillips...were they tough to unscrew? It looks like the PO tried on mine...didnt strip heads completely. but they arent pretty. I dont know if he gave up or got em popped free. I am assuming gave up, before he messed em up to much. thats the thing that worries me about trying.
BTW polish looks great!

trek97 said:
My 69 CL350 fork lowers have phillips head bolts holding them together, did your have the same...or allen heads? If they were phillips...were they tough to unscrew? It looks like the PO tried on mine...didnt strip heads completely. but they arent pretty. I dont know if he gave up or got em popped free. I am assuming gave up, before he messed em up to much. thats the thing that worries me about trying.
BTW polish looks great!

Mine had phillips. I had to use an impact driver to get them loose. Once loose i pulled the fork seal c clip and was able to pull the upper leg out of the lower. Seemed that the cclip actually held the legs together and not the bottom screw. This threw me as its backwards to what im used to

thanks bud, thats a confidence booster for me.
innovativems said:
Mine had phillips. I had to use an impact driver to get them loose. Once loose i pulled the fork seal c clip and was able to pull the upper leg out of the lower. Seemed that the cclip actually held the legs together and not the bottom screw. This threw me as its backwards to what im used to

Back
Top Bottom