The Travelling Gremlen Bell! In Kentucky getting Rusty.

Re: The Travelling Gremlen Bell!

Just sent you a PM Redbird, I'd like to show the bell a taste of Philly!

bob.

Well, the bell arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, I wasnt home to accept it so UPS decided not to leave it at the door... wrote them a note to leave it with my neighbor today so we'll see. Good news is that its bike-healing effects have already been felt by its arrival, without it even being on the bike! All the little gremlins mucking up my carbs and tank were taken care of yesterday, so she's running stronger than ever now. Dan's (AlmostVintage_GS) brakes suddenly stopped squeaking yesterday as well, which I'll chalk up to the bell! Trying to get an itinerary for the next few weeks for where to take this thing...see what we come up with...

Good, glad to hear it made it... well, sorta made it.

Post up a pic once you get it on the bike ;)

Big R said:
I just read the entire post - cool idea!
When it comes to the West Penn, we could do a little relay with it. I could hand it to VonYinzer, he could hand it to JFish, etc, etc. I would rather ride it out to another Tonner than mail it, know what I mean?

Yeah man!! Ill take the bell for a little ride through a place I like to call... the hood!

Bell is in hand and I picked up a 4G mini USB card that clips onto the Moleskin. Its dark out now but I'll post pics tomorrow before its maiden voyage in the City of Brotherly.....uhhh....Like?

Well, it's been an...I'll say - "interesting" - ride with the bell so far. I'll save the details for the Gremlin notebook, so you'll have to read it to get the story. However, I have been getting it around as much as possible. Looking to keep it in Philly for another week or so and then its off to the next recipient. Here a few shots of its journey thus far:

Placement:
DSCF0016.jpg

First hundred miles on the bike since the rebuild:
DSCF0032.jpg

Ride through Fairmount park with a stop at the Civil War Memorial. Also the site of the first Worlds Fair in the United States. Here's some info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Exposition
Some amazing monuments and sculptures:
DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

So who's up next? PM me if you're interested!

Very cool man, very cool indeed. Looks like you've got some cool urban scenery around your way too.

Cheers for sharing - boingk

I think its me...but don't wait around if there are more local guys who want it. I've hit a pothole with the 850 and probably won't have it on the road until our spring/summer in what, 4 months?

- boingk

hmm, if you don't want it boingk.. we'll see how quickly i get gumpy done.

I'd like to put some miles on it with the bastardwing too when it's finished but i'm not sure how soon that'll be. I guess it depends how you define finished.... 2 months tops?

Wouldn't mind a time with it in around August if my bike is all together by then...

This bell may be doing some quick miles. One week on a bike then in the post to the next destination. I wonder if it could use the same box for postage too, with the various destination stickers and postmarks on it?

Get it to western pa! I'll ride it to Ohio, then meet Someone in Cleveland or halfway to Detroit!

The guys on chopcult are doin the same thing, but with a brand new donated biltwell 3/4 helmet. Adding stickers as they go, and riding it to the next person!

I wish we could ride it to the next patron, but I guess we are just not as big of a group?

No we are a huge group, but we are global ;) You can ride it down here to adelaide, south australia if you like :D

I'd make the ride, but I hear the bridge is out. Bummer, first the bridge to Hawaii, now the one to Oz. We're going to end up landlocked before too long.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom