Howdy Folks

CrisPDuk

Evening all, I've headed over here from SOHC4 under orders from a certain Proteal55's :)

My real name is Noel, I'm from Macclesfield, an average sized town in the North West of England, and I own a currently box stock (soon to be cafed to death ;D ) Honda '78 CB550K.

Is it me, or does that read like I just took the floor at an AA meeting :D

Although I'm from England, and that's where my bike, my cars and my family reside, I'm currently living in a little place called Bangphli, 24km SE of Bangkok, on a years secondment through work 8)

In case you are wondering about the name, cantonese Crispy Duck was what I'd just eaten when I logged onto my first forum many years ago :)

PS: Here's the fleet

1978 Honda CB550K 46000 Miles - Owned 6 months
CB550K302.jpg

1989 VW Golf GTi 16V 100k Miles - Owned 18 Months
16VNearsideFrontLow.jpg

1994 Subaru Legacy RS 105k Miles - Owned 7 Years
LegacyNSF.jpg

1986 Ford Sierra XR4x4 260k Miles - Owned 12 Years 8) Seen with the Legacy
Subaru02a.jpg

1996ish Tiddles the Killing Machine - Has owned me for 6 years. Named for the ships cat on HMS Victory ;D
Tiddlesonstairs.jpg

Welcome Noel. Great looking bike and cars. Do they use salt over there? As your cars bodies seen to be in great shape for their ages.

Hey Noel!!. Welcome aboard... Did anyone ever tell you that you have a "million-dollar" name??!!.. LOL

Noel
aka. locO leoN

AYUP! ChrisPDuck. Welcome!
Eee lad, I don't live so far from ya! (long, long ago, in a country far, far away)
Well I didn't at one time, I used to live in Haydock (Yikkers rule OK) you know, where the race track is.Bout' 45 minutes at legal speeds.
So how much longer will you be living in the land of "Take aways"? I'm coming over at the end of May 'til mid June for the TT, will you be around?

Cheers, Graham

Hey all, been a bit busy at w*rk :( so I've not been back, as much as I should ::)

I'll answer y'all in order:

78kz, yes they throw salt about with wild abandon back home, but fortunately all but the Subaru have spent a fair portion of their lives under cover, and a little salt's nothing a decent pressure washer and regular underbody waxoyling can't keep on top of :)

locOleoN, Nobody has ever told me that, I got the name because I was born at Christmas and my Dad thought it woud be funny :mad:

Bandit, I know Haydock very well, back pre-home & family, when I used to have spare cash I used to do a lot of rallying, the guy who owned the car we used lived there 8)

Kuyarico, This is my first 16V but my third Mk2, Mk1s are much more prominent in my driving history, I've owned 5. The way prices are going I wish I'd kept two of them they were mint, ah well ::)

Back
Top Bottom