Howdy

I have a pile of junk in the garage. Nothing worth posting. That and the fact I have no pics of them. The only one worth posting is my Norton/Weslake.

Hoofhearted said:
I have a pile of junk in the garage. Nothing worth posting. That and the fact I have no pics of them. The only one worth posting is my Norton/Weslake.

That Norton is sweet ... give us some more details ?? :eek: .. Bonnevillle ??? ??? ???

Howdy Ian, The photo was taken at El Mirage dry lake here in SoCal. The SCTA (Southerb California Timing Assoc.) run meets there from May to Nov. Its mostly 1960 with a lot of homemade bits on it. The front brake is 4ls from an old Suzuki, the motor is an early 70s Weslake pushrod speedway 500. The motor runs 45mm Mikuni with 14:1 comp. and 36 deg. fixed advance. I can't kickstart it anymore so I built this starter for it. Works wonders. The seat, oil tank, engine plates etc are home brew. I've never had the cash to go to Bonneville. And has been said many times maybe this year. I run in A/PG class. A is special construction P is pushrod and G is gas. I'm in special construction because they have a modified class but to qualify for that class the motor and the frame must be of the same maufacturer. Not that I care. I just like seeing how fast I can get it to go. So far the best without a fairing has been 123 and with a fairing 125. Considering the A/PG record at Bonneville is 98 I should go. I'll see if I can post a photo of it with the fairing. I'm a computer neanderthal. I like your name. I've had a hankerin' for an XS650 for a while. If you know anyone with one that wants to trade for a very original, if somewhat neglected '70 CB750 let me know.

Back
Top Bottom