Abandoned Motorcycle shop in Lockport NY

goof1972

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3175772&id=184304502870

I don't know the address of this abandoned motorcycle shop...but if anybody does, there are literally hundreds of abandoned bikes in this condemned building you can part off (if it isn't too rusted :))

whao... yeah.. I can see a potential road trip with a trailer...

VonYinzer said:
It looks like an oil painting...

who the hell would have the time to tease us like that??.. SICK MAN... geezz.. this is SICK SICK world we live in.... :(

Im just saying... If you look at a slightly larger version... It could just be a digital filter of some sort, but, than again maybe not. If it is a painting, it would have almost certainly been based on an actual photo though. It would have taken the artist forever to get that many different bikes laid out properly.

VonYinzer said:
Im just saying... If you look at a slightly larger version... It could just be a digital filter of some sort, but, than again maybe not. If it is a painting, it would have almost certainly been based on an actual photo though. It would have taken the artist forever to get that many different bikes laid out properly.

My friend who took this pic is a photographer who likes to take pictures of abandoned buildings and ruins. He probably enhanced the picture for artistic purposes.

goof1972 said:
My friend who took this pic is a photographer who likes to take pictures of abandoned buildings and ruins. He probably enhanced the picture for artistic purposes.

could you get the address of the place.. or at the very least the GPS Co-ordinates?

I'm sure others have visited this place and cherry picked all the good stuff. But if anyone is up for a scavenger hunt, set it up.

Hey Everybody,
I was in the same old factory about 6 years ago. At that time, the bikes and parts in the place were owned by an ebay seller / "Mom and Pop" motorcycle shop, which was also situated at the old mill.
As well as the bikes, they also had a ton of really great NOS parts for sale.
I got a set of NOS megaphones and a few other things at really, really reasonable prices.
They let me walk around the place for awhile, with the caution "watch out for the holes in the floor, man", plus there were no lights at all in most of the place, so it was pretty spooky as well as dangerous. Probably rats the size of barn cats as well, seeing as it was right by the old Erie Canal.
I was told that there were over 5000 motorcycles in the building, but they weren't sure exactly how many and what they were. At the time they were just starting in on doing an inventory of what they had and I was hot for CB92 /CB92R parts (Honda Holy Grail stuff) so I kept in touch with them from time to time, but not for the last 3 years or so.
I do remember seeing row upon row of mostly Japo bikes from the '60's and early '70's, leaning against each other, stacked up, stuff like that. In particular, there was one row of 25 to 30 Honda CA72 / CA77 "Dreams", in various states of (dis)repair, from looking new but dusty to omigod why keep it. Oddly enough, don't remember any mopeds...
The story I was told was that "some old guy" used to collect bikes and parts and store them in the old mill, which he owned.
When he died, I gather that the bike shop put in the highest or maybe only bid on the property and bikes and got them.
I'm sorry to hear that they are out of business- they seemed like decent folks trying to make a reasonable living.
Be careful about trespassing on private property; it's not all that hard to find out who the current owner is and do things properly...and if you are from Canada, eh, it could go badly...
Pat Cowan,
Pacomotrstuff

There should be a thread dedicated to "El Dorado" type of fabled or true stores of motorcycles.

"...and there she was, half covered in a canvas tarp and dust, a 1966 Ducati Mach 1."

Back
Top Bottom