New Old Cafe Racer from the UK

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
Someone asked me to post some of my rides.

30+ years designing and manufacturing Replica Sports cars gives me quite a bit of scope [ Cobra, Jag, Porsche ]

Then there's the odd Drag Cars and Circuit Racers.

Here's a tame one - my [ then ] 6 month old Daughter Holly and my Wife in my Replica Cobra outside the Hunaudierres Cafe on the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans for the 24 hour race. Where else would you take your 6 month old Daughter ?????

img009.jpg

lucky man. beautiful wife, beautiful daughter, beautiful car.

This one had a 914 Porsche engine with all the "good bits".
550007.jpg

and this one had a 911 engine!

jurgens550.png

and this one had a 351ci Cleveland !!!

cars190.jpg

Which one was the most fun ?????????????????????

man id pick a cobra over a porsche any day.

well, unless if im choosing between a kit car Cobra and a REAL porsche 914 or other porsche.. then maybe id take the porsche. ;)

cobras are nice, but not classy ::)

put up some pics of your jags TJ and show these boys how it's done ;)

cheers
ian

Here's one I made earlier ! Traditional C Type with all independant Jag suspension and modified steering from modern Jag XJS. 4.2 Jag engine [ triple 45DCOE Webers ] , 5 speed Toyota Supra Tranny. This one has been to Le Mans twice for the 24 Hour race. Just let me know if you want to see more.
TJ
cars121.jpg

Here's a couple of Merlin cars that I used to manufacture. English equivalent of Pinto running gear, but I did build one with A Rover [ nee Buick ] Aluminum 215ci V8

img611.jpg

beachcomber said:
Here's one I made earlier ! Traditional C Type with all independant Jag suspension and modified steering from modern Jag XJS. 4.2 Jag engine [ triple 45DCOE Webers ] , 5 speed Toyota Supra Tranny. This one has been to Le Mans twice for the 24 Hour race. Just let me know if you want to see more.
TJ
cars121.jpg

I am in love... WOW...

wow, gorgeous. all of it!

love the pic of the wife and kiddo

Personally I love the C Type, but here's another that we made - the Long Nose D Type Jag.

Here's Sir Jack Brabham driving one of our cars on The Innes Ireland Memorial Rally - he loved the car and said it was loads better than the ones he raced !

cars017.jpg

this give you a chance to fix all jags screw up (nine hour rear brake jobs thats thinking) how many farm tractors have you taken apart for suspension parts my only thing with a kit car people aways bould c or d type or james deans 550 com on there is no way any one thinks there real I mean how many c types were built and how many were wrecked what is left is in some collection but look there is one at a pizza shop it gotta b real it right next to some vintage lambo on a feiro frame
all jokes aside your work looks great i just dis agree with kit car

Mr. B! These are incredible! I wish I had your magic touch. Can't wait to see your bikes.

Kit cars - there's a word we don't like...............

Our Jags are ALL Jaguar based and with Alloy bodies available - we have had the blessing of the following people - Sir Stirling Moss [ pictured signing our docs ], Norman Dewis [ Jag chief test driver in the day ], Sir Jack Brabham [ see above ], Sir Richard Noble MBE [ World land speed ] and our cars are regularly featured by Jaguar themselves .

Our Cobra ....................... the ONLY replicar endorsed by Carroll Shelby [ we have the documentation ]. We also supplied a rolling test car to Shelby American [ ordered by Shelby ] with a Caddy Northstar engine that they supplied. The car was used as a test mule [ very successfully ] for their own "new breed " Cobra.

Sure not the real thing - who has got a mill or 3 in their back pocket to buy one of the 15 or so C Types left in the World?

Attached is Carroll with myself [ far left ] and Adrian from Realm at the Innes Ireland Memorial Rally during which Carroll drove the car pictured [ one of our "kit cars" ]. It was at this meeting that he announced his personal endorsement of the RAM Cobra - and I was inaugurated as the European liaison Officer for his Transplant Charity.

Now then Beetle floorpans [ or Fieros ] with the body hacked off and replaced with something else - THAT's a kit car.
img476.jpg

Couldn't find this one earlier - Sir Stirling endorsing our Realm Heritage C Type at the national Classic Car Show, and Norman Dewis [ who tested the original ] at a Classc Sports Car show organised by jaguar, also giving his endorsement.

img368.jpg

beachcomber said:
and Norman Dewis [ who tested the original ] at a Classc Sports Car show organised by jaguar, also giving his endorsement.

Hey TJ, bit OT, but did you see Mark Evan's "jag reborn" series on Discovery? He threw a lot of money at that! He gave Norman Dewis a drive at the end of the show, and it seemed like Mark was a little disappointed with his reaction ;)

Beautiful work with the cars. You've impressed a lot of the right people with them - as well as a good number of bike-people ;)

cheers
ian

Back
Top Bottom