New Feature! DO THE TON Gallery

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
OK folks - you can now upload big honkin' pictures to the site Gallery and use the handy-dandy links provided to put the images into your posts.

The Gallery can be searched, has categories and cool shit like that. So use it! We've got oodles of disk and bandwidth so we should make use of it. I'd love to have to upgrade my hosting account as it would mean we've got tons more content to share with the world.

I can add categories - just tossed a few up there to get it started. PM me with suggestions.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery

This is awesome. Maybe Ill use less photobucket now. I hate photobucket.

Your boat looks killer man!
I do however find it funny that the first picture uploaded to the do the ton gallery is of a boat that might hit 1/4ton hahaha

Not my boat - inspiration :) Looking at the bulk upload but not 100% sure. Test it out and tell me what works/doesn't.

OK - upped the file limit size to 10MB but will likely throttle that back. That's getting pretty big for a photo gallery.

I'm having trouble loading pics here. It loads the title and description just fine, but no pic.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what that is! ???

I also noticed clicking on a photobucket picture in tapatalk now takes me to the photobucket site and is super annoying. Is this related?

Love this feature! One thing, though - can there be some kind of additional entry field regarding make, model, year for users submitting bike photos? On the "Add Picture" page maybe? It would be nice if those could be sorted for easy reference. Almost like a visual version of our DTT Build Collection. I'd love to be able to easily see every photo of a SR500, Ducati Bevel, etc., in a couple clicks rather than scrolling through all the photos or hoping someone tagged it with a keyword.

Cool, thanks, I will abuse the shit of it.

BarnBurner said:
Love this feature! One thing, though - can there be some kind of additional entry field regarding make, model, year for users submitting bike photos? On the "Add Picture" page maybe? It would be nice if those could be sorted for easy reference. Almost like a visual version of our DTT Build Collection. I'd love to be able to easily see every photo of a SR500, Ducati Bevel, etc., in a couple clicks rather than scrolling through all the photos or hoping someone tagged it with a keyword.

You can add free-form 'tags' to your photos which are then searchable right now. I'll see about customizing some fixed fields, but you can put 1975 BMW R75/6 in the tags and could search on any part of that I think.

I just looked again - there's a 'Keyword' field you can put whatever you like in. As well, the Search function uses the picture title, so there's plenty of room for people to put the right descriptors in which would be picked up by a search.

Thanks for checking on that Tim. Sounds like we'll be covered. Over time, this should become a really helpful feature!

Perhaps this should be a perk of winning BOTM?
And then a folder within the gallery reserved for BOTM pics, that way they are all collected together...

Bozz said:
Perhaps this should be a perk of winning BOTM?
And then a folder within the gallery reserved for BOTM pics, that way they are all collected together...

That's a great idea. I've often gone back to check out a previous winner and had to go through each of the BOTM threads to find it. Would be nice to have them on one place.

Definitely, and for the file size I'd go for 2.5 - 3 MB, bigger than that will be to big too show up properly anyway.

Back
Top Bottom