drilled rotors and speed holes on parts please read pg.1 for price and info

hurley209

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
***PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY***
Hey guys, i decided to start a new thread for this again as the other one kinda lost track of what was going on.. so heres the info again.
.40$ per rotor for swirls, 4-3-4, 3-2-3, 3-3-3 patterns, and brake drum covers.
45$ for 4-4-4 patterns
price is less than half of what a shop would usually charge for a super basic pattern.
**please refer to FAQ below for price raise info.

all designs are laid out by computer before your part ever gets messed with, this insures offsets are correct as well as angles so that pads wear evenly and venting works properly.

rotors are drilled, counter sunk, degreased, deglazed, degreased again, and lightly re-cross hatched and washed.
so you get way more than just drilling for the price.
please take a moment to read the q&a below;
FAQ:
-will you rip me off?: no, i dont want or need your rotors, i have no use for them, i am honest and truthful, you will be treated as i would like to be treated.
-how long have you been drilling rotors?: about 3 years now
-whats the best way to ship?: flat rate insured shipping is my preferred method.
-what is your turn around time?: roughly a week
-why did your price go up?: because unfortunately so did the price on the things i use to complete rotors (cutting oil, special drill bits, chemicals, etc.)and as mentioned above you are getting way more than just drilling.
-are you a business?: no, not officially, but i do a lot of moto related work and have a few customers.
-what size holes do you drill?: whatever youd like but i will always reccommend the best hole size for adequate performance.
-will you sell me a template?: maybe... pm me.
-will you rip me off?: absolutely not, id punch me for you if i did.
-can you resurface rotors?: not personally but i usually source it out to a shop at a very reasonable price.
-who else do you work with?: Just recently started working with DWMS Racing to the their rotor work, check them out they are awesome and great people. www.dwmsracing.com (find me in the "friends of dwms" section under velocemeccanica)
-will you rip me off?: no no no, and im sure i can get someone to vouch for me if you still dont believe me hahaha

NOTE***:
Due to unfortunate events, and people being sketchy, from now on, if your insured package containing your rotors gets lost, goes missing, is damaged, parts are gone, or anything of the likes allowing you to claim insurance money from usps, it will be the BUYERS responsibility to deal with the post office first and acquire all the information required, then when you contact me to help with the claim, i will also require some info and proof before i proceed then ask you to go back to the post office and talk to them again with all the proof you have gathered, then and only then, when your claim checks out as valid and truthful will i help.
it is a long process because, of course, usps isnt just going to hand over money to everyone who says the "lost" something.
Why? well because messing with the post office is a federal offense.
packages rarely get lost, and when items go missing from packages usps usually helps you get them back from their processing center, i have shipped dozens of parts, including very expensive parts and usps always does a good job.

8dc754f8-1.jpg

34c41fca-1.jpg

8d6fa0c3.jpg

b0c7491f-1.jpg

ac253ed2-1.jpg

Re: drilled rotors and speed holes on parts-cheap. 25$ new thread

I'm go ahead and do this . Ill send you a pm (i live in socal)

Hey, Josh, bruh... would you speed hole my dick for $25. +tip? aaaaaahhahaha Sorry, been a while since I fuct'd with my lil'buddy....

Re: drilled rotors and speed holes on parts

Sure shouldn't be a problem. Pm me a photo an the pattern you would like.

are you strictly dealing with rotors or could you do an internal motor gear as well?

Mike

Will your 4 hole swirl pattern fit on a rear XS650 oem rotor? Also I'd prefer no chamfering? Thanks, RD

sure i can do that.
are you sure you dont want chamfering? this ensures a smooth finish throughout with no barbs from drilling.
either way though, i can do it.

Hurely, brah... are you drilling these so that the holes will overlap on rotation, so the pads wear even...? Just curious.

hurley209 said:
sure i can do that.
are you sure you dont want chamfering? this ensures a smooth finish throughout with no barbs from drilling.
either way though, i can do it.

Hurley, this is what I heard, tell me if it is wrong, makes sense or ??

I've heard that drilling the rotors actually adds braking surface due to the hole edges, and that chamfering takes away surface area due to the slight angle of the chamfer?

Swapmeet Louie said:
Hurely, brah... are you drilling these so that the holes will overlap on rotation, so the pads wear even...? Just curious.

i drill them according to owners specs... if that is desired then yes, i modify the templates to work that way.

racerdave said:
Hurley, this is what I heard, tell me if it is wrong, makes sense or ??

I've heard that drilling the rotors actually adds braking surface due to the hole edges, and that chamfering takes away surface area due to the slight angle of the chamfer?

i have never heard that, i have heard a lot of drilled rotor theories but not that.. but if it concerns you i can do that no prob.

Good resource if you're drilling the drum.

https://ventmastersstore.com/shop/open-screen-vents-c-23_34.html

Hurely , pm me info on where to send rotor. Also another ?. I've read where the hole size should be less than the disc thickness?

Some of the XS650 guru's have stated to drill the rear disc hole to 3/16. What is your opinion here?

hurley209 said:
i drill them according to owners specs... if that is desired then yes, i modify the templates to work that way.

i have never heard that, i have heard a lot of drilled rotor theories but not that.. but if it concerns you i can do that no prob.

It doesnt increase the braking surface, but it does increase the "Surface" area which helps it cool.. And chamfering increases this even yet...

racerdave said:
Hurely , pm me info on where to send rotor. Also another ?. I've read where the hole size should be less than the disc thickness?

Some of the XS650 guru's have stated to drill the rear disc hole to 3/16. What is your opinion here?

well, ive heard that too, but again, never have had a problem, and also, my brembo rotors holes are bigger than the thickness of the rotor.... most of these rotor theories get quite controversial...

hey guys.. heres a recent rotor done up... swirled coming up ..

307e9526-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom