Regulator/Rectifiers for PM Single Phase Bikes (Honda CB350, CB360, CB450, etc)

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
I have some Regulator/Rectifiers for sale. These units were designed in Taiwan and imported by yours truly.

mydlyfkryzis was kind enough to test a prototype for me and the results are that these units don't regulate voltage quite as well as some of the other options (peak voltage on his tests were 15.01V with the black and red wires joined) but are still within specs and would be acceptable for use on lead acid batteries. On the plus side, these units come up to operating voltage quickly, making them a good choice if you're trying to eliminate your battery all together or if you do a lot of riding in town.

These units are rated for up to 150W and will work with most any single phase, permanent magnet alternator. This includes almost all of the Honda twins and singles as well as a number of British bikes.

Price is $20 per unit and includes shipping within the USA (I'm happy to ship to other countries for an additional charge). Wires will be bare and may need some work on your end to hook things up. Or, for $5 extra, I'll wire it for you before I ship it out (picture attached).

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!ngFH5qEl()lBSF+y-sK2w~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqR,!ngFH5qEl()lBSF+y-sK2w~~60_57.JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 355
I have about 10 of these units available with no immediate plans to order any more, so first come, first served on this one.

Picked one up, thanks, Matt. Thought you were only a few hours away until I saw we're in fact on different coasts. Oh well, no rush.

No, sir!

Green is ground.

Black is switched hot. It can be plugged into a black plug on the harness or connected directly to the battery. In our tests, the latter option was preferable.

A new test batch has arrived. Mydlyfkryzis was kind enough to help out with the tests again. This batch is has slightly tighter restrictions on the clamping voltage and I believe these regulator/rectifiers will be quite suitable for AGM, gel, and Lithium Ion batteries as well as for use in standard flooded lead acid.

Price is still $20 for the unit (you'll need to do a bit of wiring once it is received) or $25 and I'll wire up a "standard" Honda connector to it so you can just plug it in and go. Shipping is free within the USA. Please add $10 for shipping to Canada, Mexico, Australia, and western Europe. PM me for shipping costs elsewhere.

Thanks,
Matt

If these will work with electronic ignition systems I will take one. 1972 CB350 twin and wire up the standard connection for the $25 option. I would feel better with this over the stock regulator! PM me the payment info.

The R/R doesn't really affect your ignition system, so no worries about compatibility in that regard.

PM sent.

I have a cl360. Can you walk the through the installation process? Do I need the $25 one? Tyia

The difference between the $25 and the $20 ones are just the plastic connector. The $25 will basically plug right in and you're good to go, but the $20 will require a bit of wiring once it arrives with you. I'm happy to provide assistance no matter which route you take.

Thanks I would rather get the plug and play one, no wiring needed? What are the benefits of this product, better charging?

Better voltage regulation, mainly, but compared to some other offerings on the market, the charging comes on sooner in the RPM band, too. The internal resistance of the rectifier has been shown to be lower than some other units.

Back
Top Bottom