Regulator/Rectifiers for PM Single Phase Bikes (Honda CB350, CB360, CB450, etc)

Thanks, how do I install it? Is it bigger than the stock one, do I need to make a custom mount, time required?

The width is slightly different than the stock unit. Close enough that a circular file was able to get the holes to match up, though.

How does this compare to the pricier units from Oregon cycles? Worth the $140?

http://oregonmotorcycleparts.com/Reg_rec_units.html

The $140 unit from OMP is for three phase electromagnetic alternators. Completely different application.

This one is functionally equivalent to the VRRPM2 on their website, though I'm told the OMP part is good to 42 amps, whereas this one is only rated up to 20. The Honda singles and twins put out 10 amps on a good day, so both parts are more than sufficient for the purpose.

Sonreir said:
The $140 unit from OMP is for three phase electromagnetic alternators. Completely different application.

This one is functionally equivalent to the VRRPM2 on their website, though I'm told the OMP part is good to 42 amps, whereas this one is only rated up to 20. The Honda singles and twins put out 10 amps on a good day, so both parts are more than sufficient for the purpose.

Perfect I only need this for a sohc Honda anyways. I'll pm you

Djfob said:
Perfect I only need this for a sohc Honda anyways. I'll pm you

Just to clarify... this unit won't work on the four cylinder Hondas.

It should work on the following bikes:
*All Honda singles and twins up through 1978 (and a few afterwards, but mostly dual sport and off-road)
*Kawasaki KZ twins
*Kawasaki H2
*Suzuki GT and T two strokes
*Almost every pre-1970 British bike that is running (or has been converted to) negative ground
*Some of the Yamaha twins and singles (the ones with only two white wires coming from the alternator)

Wired hot as in connected to the positive side of the battery for the black wire in the harness you installed for me?
Brad

Might be a silly question but I thought I would double check, this would work with

"Yuasa Conventional Battery 12N12A-4A-1 Basic 6-Volt and 12-Volt dry batteries mostly for older applications. Add Acid (Not included) and charge before installation. May need periodic refilling. 6-month manufacturer’s warranty"

This battery?

So long as it's the 12V version and not the 6V this unit will work.

This R/R should work with most any 12V battery. Compatibility will have more to do with your bike than your battery.

Possible. I'm looking into options but I need to make sure the price is competitive before I sink any money into it.

Definitely still available!

$20 if you want to do the wiring or $25 and we'll set it up to plug straight into your harness.

Payment can be made via paypal to sales@sparckmoto.com

If you're having us do the wiring, please be sure to mention whether you'll be running a lead acid or lithium ion type battery.

Great! I have a standard battery and will go for the prewired version for 25. I'm also in Canada so let me know the extra for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom