Hi from Las Vegas

mixer

I believe I can fly, wait! I did that! ok... NEXT!
Hi everyone, I've been lurking around for a while, getting ideas going through the immense knowledge base on this site, and I figured it was time to join!
A little about me: been a rider it seems like forever, started in the dirt when I was 10, first street bike (67 A-1 Kawasaki) at 16, ridden everything from full dressers to choppers to superbikes to old school conventional bikes. Last month I wrecked my then current ride, an 04 vrscb breaking my back and laying me up for 3 months. I'm mechanically inclined and miss actually WORKING on bikes. And with this current spill, I figured its time to get back to my roots.

The bike: well right now its more like "parts" but I work on it every day a little. It started life as a 75 cb 360 wanna be chopper, rattle can black with a green motor, struts to replace the shocks, and a harley seat. I was going to make it a "proper chopper" making a real rigid, with an engineered girder front end for my wife. After my accident she gave up the idea of riding, so it wasnt going to be used. With my back, my rigid days are over, so why not make it into a cafe'?
Things I've done to it so far: had to repair the cam chain tensioner, adjust the timing, adjust the lifters, check for running condition. the bike is being done on the cheap, so the rebuild will have to wait. its completely apart now, frame and wheels still together to move it.
Things im still working on: rearsets, 2:1 exhaust, sandblast frame, swingarm and rims, paint, fab of rear hoop, battery relocation to tail, fix or find different tank, completely re-wire the bike on a simple circut, hand laid fiberglass tail section, eventually rebuild and polish out the motor. Lots of stuff to do, but with the injury, its slow going.
Ill try to upload pix as If i can!

Back
Top Bottom