Lifan 150cc big-bore kit: Installation

order it direct from China ...... Where do you think oo get theirs from? Cut out the middle man.
It's not that more risky than ordering from anywhere else!!

Erskine said:
order it direct from China ...... Where do you think oo get theirs from? Cut out the middle man.
It's not that more risky than ordering from anywhere else!!

So I could order this piston and cylinder for NZ$83 landed...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cylinder-Big-Bore-62mm-Piston-Rings-Pin-Gaskets-kit-for-Honda-CG150-4stroke-150-/281336950683?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4180fd2f9b

It's description seems a bit confusing to me though. Lots of pictures on the listing. Can anyone confirm this would fit the Ace?
They say in the description...
"For Chinese 125cc Engine CG125 Copy only, like YAMASAKI YM125-3, CTM 125, HONGDOU, OUBAO, LIFAN 125GY-6 ETC"
"This big-bore kit fits the Chinese made CG125 copy engines 156FM1 engine."
"Please note: "DOES NOT FIT 156FM1 ENGINE WITH 2 PORT CYLINDER HEAD"
"The 156FM1 engine is the 125 push rod engine."

But I would then still need to know how to order the head with the larger valves. And I can't find that on ebay or aliexpress or the wider web! Anyone know where to get it from?

I'm pretty damn sure that kit would fit the ace, they are all the same engine.

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Heads_Barrels.html#aEP007009

heads and barrels on this link.

I think the 200 needs a different crank, Its a longer stroke ...... I maybe wrong but I think its 150 that has had the extra cc s from stroke in stead of bore.
I've thought about doing my 150 if the crank ever goes. Just replace it with the 200 crank and make an ally spacer to lift the bottom of the barrel up. Longer push rods job done.

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Brakes.html

GY/CG 200 crank at bottom, £60

The guys who retro fit CG125 engines into competition TL125 trials bikes prefer them at 150 rather than stroked. Because at 150 the bore and stroke are pretty much square, the revs pick up very quickly and it is more tuneable. The 200 is more of a donk in comparison although more powerful.

Lots of nice compatible engines on here:

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/New_Engines.html

You could have a watercooled Ace, or I do think the 250 twin will fit as well.

cheers for the feedback on that...wont bother with 200. much prefer a square motor,,,150 will be all.
had a set back today of huge proportions...was cleaning bike at the car wash and knocked over my bike...but no damage to bike...but caught it and broke my arm in the process,

bugga...

not in pain, but am incapacitated four 4 weeks at least...in a cast .
can you believe my bad luck.

anyway this will make my prep for speed week hard..

thankyou to the nice couple that drove me home..i don't even know your names. They even got my bike home for me. thank you thank you thank you.

hope you do get an ace and i will help you with any mods if you do

pete

This is my bike, it has a lifan engine and pulls two adults fast enough to be scary.
Bugger all wrong with these power units!

Attachments

• c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,228
Its got a 45 tooth rear sprocket which makes it good for 50 mph with a passenger, as fast as you can go on twisty english country lanes. I'm planning to drop it to 52 or even 60 teeth soon for a bit of an off road adventure.

Attachments

• P1040143.JPG
    P1040143.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 366
Btw. Found my ticking noise in motor. No valve stem seal on inlet. Missed in factory .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunrise4567 said:
I have this ticking too. Do you think it will be an easy fix?

all push rod motors without hydraulic lifters will always have a small amount of ticking.
its just the way they are made.
if it goes away totally it means your valve clearance is too tight.

sprocket2cog said:
all push rod motors without hydraulic lifters will always have a small amount of ticking.
its just the way they are made.
if it goes away totally it means your valve clearance is too tight.

I understand that a small amount of ticking is correct, but it was when changing from the 125 to 150 that the ticking increased to more than just a little bit and after warming up is quite loud. After checking the valve clearances many times I had given up until now

Was what mine was like .should be able to see stem seals through springs. They are green. This would be a very rare fault though. Only found when I stripped motor down after competition. I doubt it would be the same on any other heads

Mine got worse after motor warms up. I used stem seal from old head to repair

Back
Top Bottom