Need a title?? Easy Peasy from the Great State of Maine!!

Hello to you all here on the site! New here, I've passed on more than one bike due to title problems, but I STILL can't say no sometimes. I have but one question: Have you DEFINATELY had success in Texas. Texas is one of the state where you have to have a TITLE in hand, and the Owner listed on the title (or at least a copy of the driver's license), bill of sale, insurance, and the proper DMV paperwork filled out and signed by both the buyer and seller. Then and only then, will they give you a new title.

Girl named GO!! is in Texas. When I did the thing for her She was in PA but moved to TX before using it and I believe she reported success. The deal is that basically I buy your bike and sell it back to you providing a Valid Registration from a non title state. There is an ownership transfer form right on the back which is the key.

Think of it this way; If I moved to Texas from Maine with my 1977 XS650 That I've owned, registered and ridden in Maine for 15 years can Texas tell me I can't register it there because its untitled? Well, they could but they'd have an awful lot of pissed off transplants. All you have to do is check your state gov. web site or give DMV a call and tell them you've bought a bike online from a non title state (Maine) and ask them what you need to register it. Every state I've looked at has a provision for this. SOmetimes its simply a valid registration and sometimes its that plus a BOS or notarized BOS. I provide the registration and a notarized BOS.

Just did a quick check of the TX dmv I couldn't find anything that specifically addresses "Non title states' but they do talk about new residents from out of state "applying" for TX title. I bet if you make that call and tell them you have a valid registration transferred to you and a bos you will be fine.

So how much are you charging ? Tried in NC? I was told from DMV that if you buy a motorcycle from a non title state that you have to have the notorized bill of sale as well as three years canceled registrations to prove that you didnt just sell it on paper and buy it back (the trick you use). Do you mail a Maine tag as well? More or less what International Title Service does .

DO you offer any assurance if say someone pays and it doesn't work for whatever reason? I guess that'd be fair that way nobody gets hosed.

Who keeps 3 YEARS of cancelled registrations? I get new tags the old ones go out the window into the trash can. ;D

No, No guarantees, I ask that each person know what will work in their state. I had another guy check into it in NC and found that it would work. It may depend on who's behind the dmv counter and how nice you are to them. I can provide the tag with the bike. where the actual registration certificate is signed over to you that shouldn't be a problem for me.

I'm doing 3 more this week so this is working for folks.

Wow, diesel450, you are doing a great many a favor, as well as sticking it to the man. Double props. I am currently trying to get a bike in Texas. The seller, has the original title, but not in his name. I will be calling the DMV tomorrow per your instructions and hopefully be using your service very soon. Thanks again.

some states accept a notorized BOS from non title states.
new jersey is one i have sold bikes to and the guys registered them. i did NOT have to register them myself first.

i have registered pre 1981 bikes here in Ct on just BOS. not even notarized.
no safety check. but they will want to see the vin numbers on the frame match your reg application.

as is noted in other replys, know your states laws.
many no longer accept title companies paperwork. especially avoid an outfit called ITS. they once were good, but registerd stuff thru maine and states got wise. ITS has ripped people off lately. avoid them.

vermont is good. if one has a po box or a friend in vermont, go register the bike!!!

Hacksaws garage- ITS has been working fine for a friend of mine in SC for like 20 bikes at least. What bad experience have you had with them ? There titles arrive from Vermont too.

Just got my NYS title in the mail, thanks Scott. In NYS they literally just look up maine in the big book, see that its not a title state, and say ok! took my bill of sale and registration and slam dunk after I made up a story on how I tried to register it three times before.. haha Just tripled the value of my bike by having it legal.

Diesel, will you send me a pm with the details on this? As far ad timeline, what you'd need from me, how much you charge and how I'd transfer it to my name? Thanks!

Alright guys, I have had a lot of interest here, but I am currently out of bikes to register for you (Nate, yours goes in the mail by wednesday!)

I've got my eye on a couple of things and need to raise some $$ so I'm going to offer a little incentive. First five of you guys that have inquired, if you move on this this week I will do it for $175. After the first five I'll play it by ear.

Lets get these old girls on the road!!

Back
Top Bottom