Bell Custom 500 Skratch "Green Lace"??

Bucky685

Been Around the Block
Thinking about snatching up this helmet, since i found it online for under $60 shipped.

Anyone have this helmet? What is youre opinion of the graphics?

Does it look better in person? I get conflicting pictures of the actual color. Ranging from Olive green to neon green.

Also how does the 3/4 helmet do @ highway speeds?

Attachments

• BH2-CSL-_is.jpg
    BH2-CSL-_is.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 334
I don't have this graphic, I grabbed a closeout on the black pin-striped one. It's a nice helmet, and mine is fine at highway speeds. I do not wear mine "back" on my head. I keep it as low as possible on my forehead to prevent lifting.

I have a plain matte black one and love it. at highway speeds i just button on my $20 Biltwell bubble visor and its so relaxing!

Currently the only helmet I have is a full face Scorpion Exo700. I was just thinking of something for around town more than highway speeds.

Bucky685 said:
Thinking about snatching up this helmet, since i found it online for under $60 shipped.
I'd like to know where u found it, coz I'd like to get my hands on one!!!

It's not worth the money. If it's not a full face it won't save you from a crash. Your money would be better spent on a Snell rated full face helmet. Looking 'cool' is not better than having a chin.

I have the Freedom Machines style and my hubbs has another. We both love ours. Got em from compacc.
They do fine at highway speed... with good goggles.
My husband (Mr. E) said the fit of the helmet works best for a rounder head.

:)

I also wear mine low with the top of the helmet sitting right at my eyebrows. I never found it to lift at highway speeds. For $60, I'd say go for it!

I also wear an Icon Alliance and a Simpson Bandit and I find them all quite comfortable. Oddly enough, the Simpson full face is noisier than the Bell Custom 500...

where'd you find it for $60? I've seen that helmet in person, it looks cool n all but for some reason it just reminds me of aliens or something

mAd mOrdigan said:
where'd you find it for $60? I've seen that helmet in person, it looks cool n all but for some reason it just reminds me of aliens or something
If that was for me...yes I'd like to know.

mAd mOrdigan said:
Islandstar said:
If that was for me...yes I'd like to know.

Here ya go, fellas:
http://www.compacc.com/p/Bell-Custom-500-Skratch-Lace-Green-Helmets

mAd, makes me think of aliens too.

haircuttergirl said:
Here ya go, fellas:
http://www.compacc.com/p/Bell-Custom-500-Skratch-Lace-Green-Helmets

mAd, makes me think of aliens too.

oh nice! I've actually bought a helmet from them in the past.

btw, what goggles are you and your hubby using with those helmets?

nrcb125 said:
It's not worth the money. If it's not a full face it won't save you from a crash. Your money would be better spent on a Snell rated full face helmet. Looking 'cool' is not better than having a chin.

This is stupid.
Full face is obviously better in every way, but saying a 3/4 won't save you from a crash is just dumb.
I only wear full face, but a 3/4 is a hell of a lot better than a 1/2 and that's a hell of a lot better than nothing at all.

SONICJK said:
This is stupid.
Full face is obviously better in every way, but saying a 3/4 won't save you from a crash is just dumb.
I only wear full face, but a 3/4 is a hell of a lot better than a 1/2 and that's a hell of a lot better than nothing at all.

I have to agree. Its like how we know full leather suits are the best protection but lets be honest, we're not going to wear leather suits ALL the time. AGATT, except when you dont.

Back
Top Bottom