1974 Suzuki GT185: Sister Power

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
Well, this will be an honest attempt at a restoration. A good friend offered it exchange for some work as a bike for my wife or my daughters. I think that’s the perfect future for this little scoot. I will love getting my two girls on this bike. I know nothing of 2 stroke wizardry, so there will be quite the learning curve.

It’s pretty much complete, with compression. There’s some rust and the forks are bent, but overall I think it’s in great shape and it’s the perfect restoration candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_2243.JPG
    IMG_2243.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 358
Bombproof! Bet it runs with a battery and clean carbs. Make sure the oil injectors work - hopefully the oil is still fluid. Don't put any compressed air in the oil lines, there are fragile check valves!!!

Both. I know you and Im sure as soon as they are strong and tall enough there will be a grass field in the future

Maritime said:
Both. I know you and Im sure as soon as they are strong and tall enough there will be a grass field in the future
Ha! That is exactly how it will be. Stella is 6, so we have a while. Hopefully, mom will keep it warm in the meantime.

When i was growing up the rule for the fun toys was,
“If you can’t start it, you can’t ride it”
Electric start kinda ruins that with that one but those are fun little bikes.

Also, those ones need a well charged battery to even think of starting, those dc generators are a pain that way.

ha he will come home one day and find stella riding it

she will have figured it out her self started it by herself and taught herself to ride it

and fixed all the dents by five oclock

remember whos kid she is

Back
Top Bottom