Cb360 thread

Got my soda blaster set up. Tried it out on my old garbage head. Did a good job. Anything i should not do when useing the soda? Chambers om my old one came out nice.trying to take evety precaution before i do my "good head"

da877d7c22b40421d07b65c41f2be9a0.jpg

So today finally got some time for the 360 set up a jank setup for my soda blaster and cabnit (hf special) pulled the vavles oyt of my *good head* cleaned up nicely. Took the advice went out for some 1000 grit sandpaper, and some 10w40 for cleaning up the journals for the cam, didnt want to sand it for to long wven with the fine sandpaper and oil. I think it came it nicely, any input. Keep going or clean it up and run with it?
6aef16eb1d5e421a64cd93fffd5ee96c.jpg

e4171a4354da2a530f7006b6550214e8.jpg

31b1c84a2d7fad29d051cb3787306bbe.jpg

7fce0c0295c0ca03a57811e9376a423c.jpg

24af31df0b284f73d19bcfb3d70ebfaa.jpg

d7722cc5a768249f1e476bd3419f902f.jpg

Thanks any input be grear. Trying to accomplish the small stuff befor ordering extra stuff. Still need to clean the vavles tho

The journals look good to me. I'd go a bit cleaner on the mating surfaces of the head, though. In a perfect world, you'd take it to a machinist and have them skim it. Maybe .005"?

There are DIY methods available, too.

Ha no thankgod. Its actually a peice of dog hair. Dogs wete outside all day and playing i was tgrowing the toys n scartching them. And must have blow on to the head.

For the matting surface of the head. I have scartch brite. Didnt want to take the chance to have acutal damage to the surface, thats the plan for thes weekend scotch bright the matting areas and clean the actual 2 halfs of the case. Only if the g.f. leaves me alone for a few hours

nismoman8899 said:
For the matting surface of the head. I have scartch brite. Didnt want to take the chance to have acutal damage to the surface, thats the plan for thes weekend scotch bright the matting areas and clean the actual 2 halfs of the case. Only if the g.f. leaves me alone for a few hours

Hand her the scotch brite pad ... ;)

Aswell as some cleaning this weekend. Hoping to get the 2 halfs back together, with that said any recs on sealent, hondabond/yamabond. I already know do not use rtv, read alot and mamy people say many things , have a yamaha store down the street, and a parts store up the hill, just looking for input, if i dont get them together this weekend hoping next, have to find sone new clips since my kickstart one wont hold the shaft anf springs in 1 spot. Debating, anyone use e-clips?

Yamabond/Hondabond are the same thing and work fine. I've been using Permaatex Ultra Grey for a few years now mainly because its the same thing and its cheaper. Last time I bought a tube of hondabond it cost me 18 bucks. Can get the other for around 6. Choice is yours on that, main thing to worry about is that the sealant needs to go on in a very thin coating and then let set to almost dry before you bolt things together. More to act like a gasket then a glue.

The dealer I look at still has the clips in stock. According to the fiche they are 12mm and 18mm so any store that has carries clips should work.

Ill have to run out after nephews birthday party and pick some up, wasnt sure is the ultra gray was still an rtv substances, at nissan we just get handed a tube of grey rtv nissan brand. And seen what that can do to engines first hand when the just timing chain recall cameout. Techs put to much on even tho on the outside looked good peices broke off and did alot of damage. Used nissan rtv om honda oil pans, thanks for looking up the clips aswell. I have then in a bag since they wouldn't go back on ha.

Back
Top Bottom