1977 Honda CB550 K - New Bike

Slice

Been Around the Block
So, some of you may be familiar with my 1966 Honda 305 Dream; well... There is a new addition to the family.
I am recieving my 1977 Honda CB550k (4 into 4 pipes) on June 6th - It's a done deal. I'm pretty excited and have already ordered a few parts here and there for it but it has 17,000kms on it and its the same owner who has babied it over the years. I dont see myself going 'radical' with the changes to it this year but who knows what the winter holds...

What do you boys think? The 4 into 4 are stamped honda, no rust, 17,000kms on her, paints a bit faded from sun (expected) and she runs strong... Here is a picture of her:

1977-Honda-CB550K.jpg

-Slice

Dont think I am going to at this point... Probably just enjoy it until I get the itch, if I ever do!
-Slice

Slice said:
Dont think I am going to at this point... Probably just enjoy it until I get the itch, if I ever do!
-Slice

lol, it always seems like a good idea at first....then you get that one little idea and it just snowballs to a massive project. Great looking bike man.

My bike wasn't even in that nice of shape when I got it and I was torn between resto and mod. Tough call. If you do anything just make sure it looks as good as the Dream and you'll be golden. Have a link to those bar end mirrors?

I understand not wanting to chop it up. I know there are a few companies out there with seats that will go right on the factory hinges. The seat is always my complaint with the 550 it seems like I'm sitting up way too high.
Hey do you have a good source for parts for the dream? I have a 305 scrambler but the carb slide in one carb sticks wide open, little scary when it happened on the road.

Scar - The bar end mirrors are from Dime City Cycles, single side mirror and it works great!
If I go down the road of cafe I will be sure to try and trump myself on my last build.

-Slice

Hey Benha,

I have an extra carb for the 305 dream (completely rebuilt) if you want it PM me...

I dont mind the seating position at all to be honest, its pretty comfortable and I feel good on the bike when riding. Im pretty confident that I wont take a knife to her for this season, having too much fun riding her as is.

-Slice

Benha said:
I understand not wanting to chop it up. I know there are a few companies out there with seats that will go right on the factory hinges. The seat is always my complaint with the 550 it seems like I'm sitting up way too high.
Hey do you have a good source for parts for the dream? I have a 305 scrambler but the carb slide in one carb sticks wide open, little scary when it happened on the road.

Great bike, Slice. I had a '76 and wish I'd kept it. If you decide to chop it up, let me find a running beater and I'll trade you straight across. ;)

Hey Indie
RustyOlive & I sit there and look at it and always come back to the fact that she is simply too nice to cut up at the moment... Although I get ideas from time to time and think about it... I am good with that, if she is going to go under the knife, I will give you first crack at her.

Here is a pic that was taken at last thursdays meet up, another guy had a '78 (mines a 77)... I enjoyed seeing another one.
20110609-093230.jpg

-Slice

Slice said:
Hey Indie
RustyOlive & I sit there and look at it and always come back to the fact that she is simply too nice to cut up at the moment... Although I get ideas from time to time and think about it... I am good with that, if she is going to go under the knife, I will give you first crack at her.

Here is a pic that was taken at last thursdays meet up, another guy had a '78 (mines a 77)... I enjoyed seeing another one.
20110609-093230.jpg

-Slice

Almost nothing like twins...........get mine out there and we could have triplets

Back
Top Bottom