Latest project - Suzonda WTF200/2 in progress

If you've got problems with sourcing a disc Colin its worth talking to Nick at Allbike....he'll make a custom one to your spec for about the same price as a stock EBC one.....
http://www.allbikeengineering.co.uk/discs.php
Also, he makes fork stanchions as well.....good candidate for recommended list i think!!

Thanx for the refereral Unc, I'll bear him in mind.....I think I might've found an alternative disc off a 2010 CBR250.....just trying to get the breakers advertising them on ebay to run a measure over them for me....or even answer my messages and calls !! :/

I have also contacted EBC who have emailed me a template form to fill in and they'll come up with a match to my spec I hope.

This Brembo caliper had better be worth it haha!

I've never had much luck with EBC but have one of their catalogues here if its of any use.....
Pic is of disc made for me by Allbike.....£70!

Attachments

• 003 (10).JPG
    003 (10).JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 601
unclerob said:
I've never had much luck with EBC but have one of their catalogues here if its of any use.....

Wow, only £70! That looks like a lot of disc for the money. Thanks for the head's up.

I'm going to the next Kempton this January...are you?

CBR250 disc isn't suitable, shame.

But, thanks to Uncle Rob I'm now talking to Nick at Allbike about a solution. :)

unclerob said:

Well, interesting convo with Nick...£280 will get me a custom disc which is waaay more than the £70 he did one for you for??!!

However, he's quoted for a 5-8mm spacer to allow the use of the NSR disc and centre it using shouldered mounting bolts....£40 quoted which is in budget I s'pose?

I'm to send him images so he can see what's required and figure a solution, which is cool :)

A simple google search for 120mm PCD Honda motorcycle disc turned up a CB750 SOHC front disc and/or GL1000 rear.

It was el cheapo on ebay, 55 ins to run and should be with me by next week.

hKGLTX0.jpg

Hope it fits? :)

£280 seems a bit much Colin!! I just checked the receipt for the last one I had....it was actually £65....I've had quite a few the same though so probably he's all set up to make them....just press a couple of buttons and theres another one!
Haven't been to Kempton for a while now....will see how the weather is looking....last time I went it rained all morning.....very grim!

Update:

Swingarm needle roller bearing are in. (forgot the crush tube though....bugger).

MvPXTB9.jpg

Decided to clean up the main engine cases the traditional way.....srarting to look OK.....main drill died on me :(

OaQX7sD.jpg

Keep on keeping on ! 8)

Looking good, can't wait to see the finished project .... or at least a rolling engine / chassis !!

beachcomber said:
Keep on keeping on ! 8)

Looking good, can't wait to see the finished project .... or at least a rolling engine / chassis !!

Thanx Beachy....I' trying to keep motivated, my son's helping with daily checks on progress haha!

I have hit a few snags that need working out so it looks like slooow progress but it's mostly in hand.

Swingarm pivot will be a 2 or 3 piece bearing roller & crush tube turned out of stainless and should fit together as a one piece once in. Awaiting a swingarm bolt to get the i/d required.

Front disc is a challenge.....EBC custom build options next me thinks.

Seat unit will need serious chopping....I can see where I want it to go...;)

Engine cases cleaned ready for the rebuild....which I'm trrepadatious about if I'm honest.....just where do all the part go?? A ball bearing fell out of somehwere the other day...WTF??!! Where from I have no clue?

Thanks for checking in.....:)

This is a first...a part that just fits on :)

Having mislaid the CB350 side panels I bought......I've bitten the bullet and purchased a pair of 400/4 side panels, in pretty good nick, with only one small crack which can be repaired.

They'll do and will look smart in white with the decals I already have :)

I7fs9rk.jpg

Sorting barrel/head studs in readiness for the engine rebuild.

Keep checking in folks....

Finished cleaning the main engine cases and bought some VHT black.....think I'll go black for the centre cases and glass blasted side casings, barrel and head.

The black Microns will look smart alongside that combo I reckon.

Also, my lad popped in and we got a bit more mocked up....swingarm will work with the primary and drive sprocket lining up and the chain angle to the pivot will work we reckon.

Side panels, rear guard insert, swingarm and engine in place (awaiting engine mounting bolts to arrive). The Honda top mounts line up perfectly, I have a plan for the lower rear and will also make the top and lower front mounts........starting to look like a bike at last.

QGnHpNf.jpg

Bought some white/grey primer as I want to give the side panels a quick prep and blow over along with maybe grey on the frame to see how the colours work in real life. More anon....

Found sometime today....:)

Primed in white a side panel and grey primered the frame around it jsut to see how the white grey would look...me likey.

6rbjW8A.jpg

The scratch was caused by the seat unit...trial fitting ready for the chop.

1st cut is the deepest..

rFRqw13.jpg

A lot more fettling to tidy it up and get the lines right. Also, the arse end will be trimmed down too.

bJXHhPw.jpg

I took a leap and cut the seat mounts/lock off.....oooeerrr!

hMzmwQb.jpg

Received the extra barrel studs and clened them up.

Looking to use stainless shoulderred nuts on barrel/head.....will they be OK?

Thanx for checking in.

A job I'd been putting off to be honest.....repairing the hole in the float.

Needn't have worried, turned out OK....

Zgs8aPn.jpg

Also, had another go at cleaning the carbs using Wurth Carb Cleaner...good stuff but they also needed scotchbrite to remove a limescale like coating.

Pleased I left one carb intact to be a model should I forget how they go together.....

DtZ7JGs.jpg

However, through all the grime I noticed one jet missing from the clean carb, the small one next to the main jet....bugger, cannot find it....yet!

s43vlJ6.jpg

Anyone got one?

Hey....I've not gone away.

Been waiting for my tame turner to produce the goods....

cVJZOY4.jpg

Had a pair of needleroller bearing races that spigot into the modified crush tube, to form one piece centre, which has turned out well.
Also, he's made me a L306 s/s spindle bolt with open threads on each end so I can use stainless nylocs to pinch it up.

xT9JNL8.jpg

Meanwhile, towards the front end I've made a first attempt at mounting the Brembo.....getting there with my first attempt to get into my rough mock up. I'm trying to get my head around how the final adapter will look.
Any advice on what material to use? I'm thinking 4mm mild steel plate with spacers welded to it.

O9gEP8g.jpg

IuuX7an.jpg

hWqfaB1.jpg

Ignore that the caliper isn't aligned with the disc....it'd slipped on the loose bolts.

I need metric fine thread bolts.

beachcomber said:
Nice work as usual. 8)

Thanx beachy.

After a week away on a European farewell tour (heheh) I managed some time in the garage.

Wanted to finally sort the swingarm pivot.... I had to shave off another 1.5mm from the swingarm body to allow the 1mm PTFE washers to sit snugly.
I don't have access to a milling machine so a cutting disc and file did the job :)

KeiOeiV.jpg

I made PTFE washer/dust covers to protect the needle roller bearings from shit.
Bought a flat sheet of white PTFE and cut/shaped/drilled them into the size I needed. They fit between the pivot point, sitting larger than the inner bearing race so I can now tighten the swingarm spindle fully.

r9B9Rrl.jpg

Threading and mild steel tube arrived so I was able to fashion the front lower engine mount...ears/lugs will be welded to locate the engine casing once I jiggle the engine into position.

4La7eKn.jpg

Doesn't seem much, but the swingarm can now be installed so I can set the rear wheel in position...once it and the front forks arrive :)

kq6dF3j.jpg

Back
Top Bottom