Moving to Biloxi - Need assistance

Narb1989

Been Around the Block
Hey guys,

Moving down to Biloxi in about 1.5 months. Who lives down in that area? Any good shops for working on old Hondas? I'm planning on bringing my 73 350F down with me in a 85% complete state. It will need some work to finish it up. Since I will have limited tools and virtually no shop space, I am looking for a good shop. Or, perhaps one of you could lend a hand to get my bike sorted. Ill pay in Trident layers and beer.

Lemme know.

Nick

There's a few of us in the New Orleans area (about an hour away). Im not familiar with any shops in the Biloxi area, but someone else may chime in. What kinda work are you lookin at needing?

Hey Redbird, sorry for the delay. My plan is to get my bike mechanically sound before heading south. Then, either have it painted, or barrow space to paint it myself. Some things that need to be done:

- All Balls head stock bearings installed
I figured it would be much easier to install these once the lower tree has been stripped and pained.

- Tank painted and sealed

- Seat Upholstered
I tried doing this myself by my beginner sewing machine was not capable. Fiberglass seat pan is made. Foam is cut and glued to pan.

- Carbs tuned to run smoothly with my UNI pods and 4-1 exhaust.
The bike runs. But I have never taken it out on the road because a the time it was not safe to do so.

- Frame, swing arm, triple, fender, tank, seat painted.

Essentially these things are the finishing touches. I have been working on this project for over 5 years. Work, school, and life have prevented me from finishing it up and delayed the process for this long. At this point, I have done the majority of the work and am willing to pay someone to finish it. The remaining items I cannot finish while living down south. I will be living in an apartment complex with limited resources. I just want it to be done so I can enjoy it.

I attached a pic. This is two years ago. Since the pic, I have cleaned up a lot of the wires, welded the rear hoop on, mounted LED tail light, and some other small things. Not pictured is the fended I made and the seat pan and foam.

Currently the bike is apart while I wait for my wheels to be trued and the tires mounted.

Attachments

• IMAG1015.jpg
    IMAG1015.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 396
Sorry I missed this post. I got your PM, but for some reason it won't let me reply to it. Keeps saying member not found ::)

I can help with the mechanical stuff like the head stock bearings and the carb tuning. Paint and bodywork is beyond my capabilities though.
But I do know a couple of places that can do it. Ranging from "economical" to "anal retentive perfectionist". Both are here in the New Orleans area though.
I'm not familiar with the bike scene on the MS coast, but if you'd like to send it to a reputable shop, I can recommend one of those too. However it's in the NOLA area too.

You said you were Military. Air Force? Headed to Keesler?

For some reason that always happens when people try to reply to my PMs. Unfortunately, I have decided to wait until I figure out my duty station before bringing my bike along. It wont be registered or insured and the movers need that before they will move it. Instead of rushing to get those things done, I will choose to wait. Yes, Air force, getting stationed at Keesler. Slays me because I had this vision of me cruising the coastline on my bike. But,I guess not this time. Thanks for the info though, Redbird.

No problem at all ;)
If you decide to make it over to New Orleans during your stay in Biloxi, gimme a holler. We'll buy ya lunch.
And maybe I'll let ya sit on my 750-4 and make vroom vroom noises :p

Good news. I'm bringing my Dad's 1968 Triumph TR6C down with me. So, if you don't mind being seen riding around with British bikes, we should go for a cruise.

I may take you up on the 750-4 offer as well. ;)

I think I could slum it for a bit :p

Holler when you get down this way ;)

Hi there. Don't know why I just found this old exchange w/ Redbird from almost a year ago. I thought I'd say howdy. Retired from the AF 19 years ago and am now retired for good. I just got back from down there. We spent three months at the famcamp on the SeaBee Base in Gulfport and were on Keesler many times... especially on December 18th when I was in the base hospital ER w/ a kidney stone. Urrg, not fun. Anyway, we plan on being back down there next December for the winter, so if you are still around I'll try to get in contact. Best wishes to ya', troop! Cory (Yeah, I couldn't send a message either.)

Back
Top Bottom