my bobber build

agreed
the coffin would look better on a raked and extended bike

here's the forks polished and rebuilt
i shaved the upper triple aswell

SNB13233Small.jpg

Yep, that is the perfect tank, IMO. Forks and tripple look great as well.

I love that tank! im running that same one, nice deep tunnel. Though i had to notch a bit out of the bottom in order to give clearance to the top motor mount bolts. I guess that just depends on low you end up running it. Bike looks great though, beautiful stance.

thanks pj
as far as the tank height goes, i'll be running rubber underneath to get the spacing i need for clearance

that tank is a really nice shape and nice size, it's going to look awesome. i bought a few before I got what i was looking for.
Stik

well i need to post some more pics before the tank and fender go in for striping.
SNB13244Small.jpg

my wife boought me a motor from locoleon for my bithday which will make getting this on the road quicker easier.
SNB13242Small.jpg

just need to get some tabs and mounts welded, then painting or powder coating the frame and wiring ;D

looks like you found a NOS wassell tank. Its identical to the one on my bobber. The chassis looks bitchin'!
Stik

the tank is an old hap jones with the side gas cap instead of the centre
btw thanks man

mrkil said:
my wife boought me a motor from locoleon for my bithday which will make getting this on the road quicker easier.
SNB13242Small.jpg

nice!!... you are lucky that Rose puts up with all that shit!!.. ;D

You should get a pedal kicker for that kick start.. if you want, I have a few spare pedals that you can have for that...

thanks again guys

rosie is awesome for puttin up with my shenanigans
building bikes in the house is mandatory when you don't have a garage :-\

well stupidity is the mother of invention for me.

in my haste to line my hap jones tank, i forgot to weld the mounting tabs on. :-\

well, seeing old bikes with leather and steel straps holding on the tanks seemed a better idea than welding on tabs and relining the tank.
i used left over spokes for the loops that are welded to the frame, and one of my wife's old belts.
here is the outcome.

SNB13248Small.jpg

let me know what you think

well i kind of like the idea of just being able to use a belt
but i like your idea.

there will be less loose belt end once the rubber is under the tank.

I like it, very vintage look to it... but wonder if you ought to turn the belt around so the loose end isn't facing forward and flapping in the wind.

good idea
now if i only knew someone who does leather tooling.

i want my screen name stamped on the belt ;D

+10 on the belt, very cool...something I've been planning on for a build myself.
Dig the peg treatment too

Back
Top Bottom