cb360 SLEEVE dimensions for a gs850 overbore?

raptormeat

Been Around the Block
i need new liners for my overbored cylinders. i have gs850 pistons so i know the ID is 69.01mm, just not sure about the OD anybody know by chance? trying to get a season before opening her up.

raptormeat said:
i need new liners for my overbored cylinders. i have gs850 pistons so i know the ID is 69.01mm, just not sure about the OD anybody know by chance? trying to get a season before opening her up.

bike has already been bored and you need to install new liners because the bored ones are damaged?

I'd just buy a set of cylinders on ebay - they are pretty common and cheap

Why do you need new liners? The stock cylinders have enough meat to bore for the GS pistons. If you do actually need new ones, get the same dimension already in there.

gotchya. thanks. see, only the left cylinder is messed up, so i was just gonna order a liner from somewhere to press in, but it sounds easier to just get a new cylinder block bored out. i am pretty sure spec for gs850 pistons is 69.07-69.15mm bore

this fuckin bike man. never gotten it perfect yet.
had it dialed in with keihins, cam tensioner blew up, ruined cylinders. got overbore. then had to reopen after the kickstarter return spring :mad: was so weak that the engager gear would always rub against the other shaft's gear. constant metal shavings. i tried to reinforce the springs. its so stupid theres springs on both sides of the engager gear, instead of just one....still got a oil leak on either the pushrod seal or output seal and now have to get rebored for whatever bullshit this is from, probably from a wrist pin clip that i must have somehow messed up..idk...sounds basically like a full on new rebuild

Thanks PJ, I updated my profile.
My email should work now, hopefully you were emailing about those cylinders!

The liners come out of block pretty easy, personally I would just swap the onr and have it bored .
Heat block in oven to about 325 and they literally fall out.
You should be able to pick up a rusty block on eBay for around $30.00 and have 2 liners (doesn't matter how bad they are, boring 2mm will clean them up) If seller wants more, just send a message pointing out the flaws and tell him you want them to experiment with

If you send them to someone like Mototech USA, he'll sleeve and bore it as necessary. Just send what you got, and let him handle it.

irk miller said:
If you send them to someone like Mototech USA, he'll sleeve and bore it as necessary. Just send what you got, and let him handle it.

aren't they done for good?
I got spare cylinders on ebay for like $30 shipped. had them bored with my other ones "just in case"

Back
Top Bottom