Cheapo Chinese Rearsets!

Ethanol

Coast to Coast
So I ordered a set of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CNC-Rearsets-Footrests-GSXR-CBR-R1-R6-FZR-GSX-ZXR-FR16-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563e1096f8QQitemZ370408462072QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

FR00016_1.jpg

because for $110 shipped why the hell not. Got them in 7 days, from China. No idea how. They are light but they seem strong and the action is smooth. A little rough in the finish, but he says that in the description. Few small scratches and on the backs of the parts you can see some of the tooling marks. Looks like there are tons of adjustable mounting positions. I'm really happy, actually.

I'll post some pics when I get them mounted up. They have them in black too and I wish I had decided on that instead. Oh well!

Dying to know what you think! Just curious, do you have a drum or disc rear brake? I'm looking pretty seriously at these now, I'll just have to figure out the mounting for the master cylinder.

I haven't had a chance to hook them up yet. They are light but for the price I think they're a good deal. I'm running a rear drum brake, not sure how you'd set them up for disc but I don't think it'd be too hard.

Have you had a chance to install the rearsets ?? I'd like to get your input as I may want to get a set for my CB350 project.

As a matter of principle I don't like to buy things from China...But ...my wallet always overpowers my principles. I am feeling very overpowerd at the moment. ;) That really is an amazing price!

Ethanol said:

Very true -- But the " cheapo's " are adjustable where as DCC are not, along with the "cheapo's" have foot guards. For the people who are following this thread we are very interested in how the set-up went on your bike along with the look/strength of the product.

these look just as good as the much more expensive universal Vortex rearsets on DCC. i dunno if it's the nationality that scares me or what but i'd rather save up for something that came with a little customer service on this side of the world.

Back
Top Bottom